Forgotten Cookies

anisha123, Oct 11, 9:10am
Does anyone have the recipe? They are like a chocolate chip meringue.

mamajama69, Oct 11, 5:41pm
The recipe I have came from a TV show I can't really recall but anyhow:2 egg whites, 120g castor sugar, pinch salt, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 120g roughly chopped almonds, 150g choc chips or chopped dark choc.180deg oven.Beat whites & salt till foamy.Gradually add sugar till dissolved.Fold in essence, choc, almonds. Place spoonsful of mixture on a lined baking tray. Place in oven turn off then leave for 3 hours.Hope thats the recipe you're after.

michelle_09, Oct 11, 7:46pm
From the Healthy Food Guide
http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2008/december/forgotten-cookies

Forgotten Cookies

2 egg whites, at room temperature
pinch salt
120g (1/2 cup) castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
120g (3/4 cup) roughly chopped almonds
150g (3/4 cup) chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks

Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Step 2 Gradually add sugar and continue beating until they hold stiff peaks and make a glossy, stiff meringue. Add vanilla, almonds and chocolate chips.

Step 3 Cover baking tray with baking paper. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the paper. Put in the oven, then turn oven off. Leave overnight in oven (or for at least 3 hours, until oven is cold) with the door closed.

marree, Oct 11, 8:05pm
Talking about forgotten cookies - can someone help please. My mum used to make something she called 'cinnamon buns' - that was her name for them - they were not a bun tho - a cookie (they looked similar to an afghan - I'm sure she must have put cocoa in?).They were of a soft texture - not crunchy. Also I would really like a recipe for 'cornflake cookies'.

anisha123, May 26, 3:45pm
Thanks so much for the recipe, I made these last night and they turned out great.