Easy Christmas shortbread or cookies

oli3, Dec 12, 8:31am
any recipes please?Will be making Christmas treats with children so need something simple that can be rolled out and cut into Christmassy shapes for decorating etc.Thank you x

juliewn, Dec 12, 12:53pm
Hi.. if you type 'shortbread' into the search bar on the left of your screen, then change 'last 24 hours' to 'anytime' by clicking on the down arrow, then search, you'll have some recipes to choose from.

With the butter that's in shortbread, I've found this works best - have the butter at room temperature - it'll be quite soft.. then mix it into the icing sugar, flour, cornflour, or whatever is in a recipe.. to achieve great shortbread.

If the butter is cool/cold, mixing it into the flour will give a pastry type dough, as the butter/flour mix will be slightly crumbly.

Kid's love helping with cooking.. they're in for a treat to make it with you.. :-)

helenfs, Dec 12, 6:42pm
x1
I have used lots of different shortbread recipes over the years but now only use this one, super easy!

Melt 250gm butter. Sift in 1 cup icing sugar, 1 cup cornflour, 2 cups flour. Knead for 1 minute. Roll out & cut into shapes. Bake at 150oC for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!!

grandma, Dec 12, 7:48pm
I use my Kitchen Wizz to mix my shortbread now - works a treat.

510, Oct 21, 5:07pm
Yesterday I made " Shirleys shortbread" from Alison Holst's book The Ultimate Collection.It was so yummy.I am pretty much a novice shortbread maker, so was pretty pleased with that recipe of 1/2 cp castor sugar, 1 cp cornflour, 2 cps flour & 225gs butter. fan baked at 180 for 15 mins. Today I am making more for pressies to give away.