Feta Cheese?

Page 2 / 2
elliehen, Oct 10, 10:35am
Perhaps a cauli crust pizza topped with cow's milk feta!

mme, Oct 18, 2:27am
Oh dear most of the brands are made of cows milk, even the Bouton one which is white. There are a couple that are goats milk but they are at least twice the price.

Has it always been like this, or did some brands switch to using cows milk to cut costs!

I know there are a few new brands getting into the so called cows milk Feta cheese market.

Well I won't be fooled again. I'm religiously checking the labels now. I didn't buy any Feta cheese & I've still got half a block of tasteless lemongrass & ginger to dispose of, on a pizza I guess!

It won't be the cauliflower crust one either. I don't like cauliflower at the best of times & I think fake pizza with fake feta would be too awful! : )

eastie3, Oct 18, 2:33am
Can anyone recommend a tasty crumbly feta cheese please !
One that is reasonably widely available so I can get it at the supermarket rather than having to search for it.I don't care what it's made of as I won't be eating it.
Thanks.

eastie3, Oct 18, 3:21am
Cool,thanks.It's a local - Wellington - cheese too.

mme, Oct 18, 5:25am
Gosh I've never seen Zany Zeus or Lemnos in the Stupidmarkets in Chch! I did notice they had a lot more of selection of various items when in Auckland earlier this year ( Foodtown - Mt Eden)

Stupidmarkets today bc I just got back from Countdown Ferrymead & none of the basic items I wanted to buy ( Spinach, 100 Watt bayonet lightbulb, & button mushrooms).

mme, Oct 19, 7:55am
Zany Zues sounds great cookessentials.

Any ppl in Chch know if it's available here!

I think I've answered my own ! at #1 Are they allowed to make cheese with cows milk & call them feta!

Seems they are bc most are made of cows milk! But has it always been this way!