Leg of Lamb can I cut it

courtney2004, Sep 22, 11:05pm
Can I cut a Leg of Lamb up? Its frozen at the moment but I was thinking I am sure I could find a recipe with Lamb in it other than doing a Roast Leg of Lamb. Don't know any recipes yet but ya never know!!!

Just we have for 5 Legs to go through in a short time frame as the freezer is almost empty and then onto working through the next one!!

twelve12, Sep 22, 11:22pm
cutting when frozzen will be tough!!
But yeah, once its thawed, there is no reason why you can't take the meat off it.It would make an amazing curry!

Look up "Lamb Saag" or "Lamb Saagwala"nomnomnom

courtney2004, Sep 23, 12:00am
Many thanks yea I might let it thaw first!!! I have the hunters here staying "you can't do that!" I think they just want roasts each night for a week- does not fit the budget when the men get into it after dinner as a snack.

rainrain1, Sep 23, 1:09am
Do you know anyone with a bandsaw, they can cut them into steaks for you from frozen

beaker59, Sep 23, 1:49am
Lamb legs can be cut into really nice steaks either with the cut bone in the middle or cut the bone out. The meat in the ends is great for stewing or curries as said.

donnabeth, Sep 23, 1:49am
No you can't; the only solution is to send them to me. I'll be sure to tell you how good they tasted.

cookessentials, Sep 23, 7:43am
I do a beautiful dish using a leg of lamb. It is brushed with a dijon and garlic marinade and you layer sliced kumara,tomatoes,onions and parsnips in the roasting pan. You put a rack over the top and place the marinated lamb on the top and roast, the juices of the meat drip into the layered vege in the bottom which cook beautifully. I often do it in the Summertime, eaten warm and it is really delicious. Let us know if you would like the recipe.

juliewn, Sep 23, 9:52am
If you ask a butcher, they'll be able to cut the roasts as you want them, while still frozen..

kiwibubbles, Sep 24, 12:13am
I'll happily take a leg off your hands.......... :D

nala2, Sep 24, 6:15am
This is what not to do. Many, many years ago we won a full size ham, a rarity in those days, which we duly put in the freezer, come Xmas my wife asked me if it was possible to cut it in half," No problem I can do that"
I started with a hacksaw and was quite pleased with myself until I realised the cut was freezing behind the blade and jamming it, more drastic measures were called for "The Skillsaw" would do it.Put it on the bench and away I went, I was aware my wife was yelling at me over the noisy saw but I thought she was cheering me on, she wasn't, she was trying to tell me the saw was throwing fat up the wall, along the ceiling and down behind me on the cupboards, what a mess. Not one of my better ideas!!!!

pickles7, Apr 13, 6:49pm
Probably charge like a wounded bull, like paying for "corking" a home made wine at a restaurant. $20.00 the last time.