I need the best most kickass delicious cheesecake

Page 2 / 2
bella298, Jan 28, 9:24am
it is a really nice recipe my mum made it for xmas lunch and I ate most of it over the next few days and then i made it for my cousins barbeque and every one raved about and they were still looking for pieces after it was all gone

I used a bigger tin say a medium size tin the size I think, its the size above a small tin I made it a couple of weeks ago so just trying to remember

opps this in nadineb just relised that my mother in law is still logged in

bella298, Jan 28, 9:29am
pamellie wrote:
Black Forrest Cheesecake

I used the same recipe with wine biscuit base and everyone I make it for loves it and the recipe came from trade me yeah for trade me recipes

margyr, Jan 28, 11:07pm
bump for banana ideas.

kiwigoldie, Jan 29, 12:26am
COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE - 250g plain chocolate biscuits, 150g melted butter, 2 tsp gelatine, 1/4 cup water, 375g softened cream cheese, 300ml thickened cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 180g white eating chocolate melted, 160g cream filled chocolate biscuits (I used Oreo’s) quartered, 50g dark eating chocolate melted Line the base of a 23cm spring form tin with baking paper. 2) Blend or process the plain chocolate biscuits until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter, process until just combined. Using your hand, press biscuit mixture evenly over the base and 3 cm up the side of the prepared tin, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. 3) Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug, then stand the jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the gelatine dissolves, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
kennymac (282)8:54 pm, 8 Dec
______________________________-

kiwigoldie, Jan 29, 12:28am
Lemon Lime Apple & Ginger Cheesecake
1 Lemon Jellie 1 Lime Jelly 1 can Diced Apples 125 gm chopped crystalised ginger 1 pkt Malt Biscuits 1 Pkt Arnotts Shortbread Biscuits 125 gm margerine 1 pkt Philadelhia Cream Cheese 1 tin sweetened condensed milk Make up jelies with 1 1/2 cups water Crush biscuits and add butter. Press into springform tin(spray and line with gladwrap). Into blender put jelly, cream cheese, cooled jellies. Pour 1/2 blender mixture over base and add tin apples, chopped ginger and then add rest of misture. (This is not sweet and sickly and look so attractive as the filling is lime green) Decorate with cream, flake bar and strawberries.
The sweetened condensed milk goes into the blender with the cream cheese and jallies

melford (78)10:40 am, 18 Oct
______________________________-

kiwigoldie, Jan 29, 12:30am
Not a cheesecake... but definately a special birthday dessert! Absolutely gorgeous... and I always have people rave about it.

Strawberry and chocolate ribbon pie

CRUMB CRUST
2 1/2 Cups of crushed double chocolate fudge biscuits (I use farmbake)
3 T Butter or Marge melted
2 T packed brown sugar

CHOC RIBBON
1/2 Cup whipping cream
1 Cup choc melts (milk or dark)

STRAWBERRY FILLING AND GLAZE
2 - 3 punnets ripe strawberries, rinsed and hulled
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Cornflour
1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Strawberry Jam
2 T Lemon Juice

Crust: Lightly grease a pie plate. Process biscuits, butter and sugar in a food processer until finely crushed and mixture is moistened. Press over bottom and sides of pie plate, place in freezer to firm crust while proceeding.
2) Chocolate Ribbon: Heat cream in small pot or microwave just until steaming hot. Remove from heat and add choc melts. Let stand for 2 mins for melts to melt, then stir until thick and smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Refrigerate or put in freezer to set choc
3) Filling and Glaze: Whisk Sugar, Cornflour, Water, Jam and Lemon Juice in a medium pan until blended. Add 1 cup of berries and mash with a potato masher. Stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, bring to a gentle boil. Boil over medium heat 5 - 6 minutes stirring occasionally until thick and syrupy. Let cool.
4) Pour one third of strawberry filling over choc layer and spread to cover. Pat remaining berries dry. Put berries cut in half with cut side down onto pie. Pour remainder of filling over berries as glaze making sure each berry is coated in glaze. Refrigerate at least two hours to set glaze.
Chill at least two hours. Recipe can be made through to step two and refrigerated up to 3 days ahead.

lindi4, Jan 29, 6:56am
Well what happened to mine using malt biscuits and butter it set like rock (unbaked) and couldn't cut thru it and hard to eat. did I push it too hard into base or what?

245sam, Jan 29, 7:00am
lindi4, the more firmly the biscuit and butter mixture is pressed into the tin/dish the firmer it should set but the proportions of biscuit and butter would have as much, if not more, of an influence on that so... . . what were the biscuit and butter quantities that you used? :-))

griffo4, Jan 29, 8:38pm
theanimal1 how much white and dark choc do you put into your twice baked choc cheesecake? l am going to try some of your recipes they sound so good, thanks for sharing them

griffo4, Jan 29, 8:59pm
theanimal1 another question how much icing sugar for that recipe and how much butter do you use to bind the base together as well thanks

griffo4, Feb 2, 8:42am
Thanks nadineb l have just made Mrs Patterson's cheesecake for my son to take to work tomorrow. lt is so easy l will also use it to take to a wedding this weekend.
Can't wait to try the others posted on here as well thanks so much

nadineb, Jul 27, 7:19pm
It is easy recipe to make hope your son enjoys it and I am sure it will go down a treat at the wedding