Rice sticking in Breville Rice Cooker

samsara11, Sep 14, 6:34am
I do not have much luck with this.I follow the instructions i.e. wash rice well, cook cup for cup but it still either sticks to the bottom of the interior pot and has a "cellophane" layer or it is sticky.What am I doing wrong?

stan202, Sep 14, 8:25am
i had this problem till i used less water, cut it out by half.

samsara11, Sep 14, 9:46am
Thanks, I will try that

hestia, Sep 14, 10:57am
Tips for cooking rice:

1. Use long grain rice.
2. Rinse the rice grains until the water runs clear. This removes the excess starch, less starch = less sticking.
3. Place the rice in the rice cooker and add water until the water is 1 cm above the level of the rice. Use your fingertip to measure.
4. Once the rice has finished "cooking", let it sit - 15 minutes or longer. If you allow the rice to rest, then you will find that less of the rice will stick to the rice pot.

hestia, Apr 26, 1:34am
You're welcome.

elliehen, Apr 26, 1:44am
Thanks from me too, hestia.I sometimes get a tough layer of rice on the bottom of my cooker.

rainrain1, Apr 26, 2:24am
spray your bottom with non stick spraying oil :-)

davidt4, Apr 26, 2:33am
x1
The instructions that come with the Breville rice cookers are wrong.The quantity of water should be one and a half cups of liquid to every cup of raw rice.

elliehen, Apr 26, 3:02am
You first, to see if it works ;)

pogram0, Apr 26, 6:15am
x1
I always double the water - 1 cup of rice, two cups of water and always comes out perfect.This was the instructions in my Sunbeam rice cooker manual.

charlieb2, Apr 26, 6:43am
hestia. when it clicks over to 'warm' do you stir it then let it rest, or just leave it alone for 15mins! Thanks

rainrain1, Apr 26, 6:45am
oh, don't worry it works alright

sarahb5, Apr 26, 6:46am
Mine never sticks and I don't even wash it

rainrain1, Apr 26, 6:52am
wash what!

sarahb5, Apr 26, 6:55am
The rice - what else!I just chuck it in the rice cooker, cover with water a little deeper than the rice, turn it on and leave it until I want to eat it.Never sticks.

hestia, Apr 26, 7:00am
No need to stir it.

rainrain1, Apr 26, 7:13am
you had me worried for a moment

samsara11, Jul 10, 1:30am
Thanks Hestia.I just tried this method and it works perfectly

samsara11, Sep 15, 6:34am
I do not have much luck with this.I follow the instructions i.e. wash rice well, cook cup for cup but it still either sticks to the bottom of the interior pot and has a "cellophane" layer or it is sticky.What am I doing wrong!

hestia, Sep 15, 10:57am
Tips for cooking rice:

1. Use long grain rice.
2. Rinse the rice grains until the water runs clear. This removes the excess starch, less starch = less sticking.
3. Place the rice in the rice cooker and add water until the water is 2 cm above the level of the rice. Use your fingertip to measure.
4. Once the rice has finished "cooking", let it sit - 15 minutes or longer. If you allow the rice to rest, then you will find that less of the rice will stick to the rice pot.