Curried sausages...

Page 1 / 2
fatdx, Feb 7, 2:06am
x1
Hey, the trademe cooks website isnt working, so, Im looking for the basic curried sausages recipe using curry powder and a tin of tomatoes. Please? :)

245sam, Feb 7, 2:14am
fatdx, I'm not sure if this is the recipe you're wanting or not but it was on TradeMeCooks and I can recommend it, and... . . it does use canned tomatoes and curry powder (instead of ground coriander and ground cumin). This recipe is thanks to TM's juliewn... . .

LUXURIOUS CURRIED SAUSAGES
You can substitute chicken or beef for the sausages if you want. .
25g butter
1-2 tsp each ofground corianderandground cuminor1-2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
10-12 sausagese. g. pork sausages
1-2 onions, chopped
1-2 carrots, chopped
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
1 x 375ml can coconut milk (lite if preferred)orcoconut cream
a handful each ofcoconutandsultanas
1 or 2 bananas, chopped
seasoning to taste

In a large deep frying pan or electric fry pan, melt the butter -don't let it spread all over the pan, keep it in a smallish area. On top of the butter as it melts, place the coriander and cumin (or curry powder) and turmeric. Mix the spices into the butter and cook for a minute or two until the spice flavour has expanded. Use kitchen scissors to chop the uncooked sausages into about 4 pieces, then stir the pieces through the butter and spice mix. Add the onions and carrots and stir them through also. Cook for a few minutes, stirring every now and then, until the sausages and onion are starting to brown a little and the mix is sticking to the pan surface. Add and stir the tomatoes through - a wooden spatula is easiest for this as it will help lift the brownings from the surface of the pan to mix through and give extra flavour. Add the coconut milk and stir it through, then add the coconut, sultanas and chopped banana(s). Simmer all together for 1-1½ hours or until the mixture is as thick as preferred. Season to taste and serve on rice.
Notes: from Julie:- I don't thicken it as the flavour is better this way... Make lots as it tastes great the next day. I also sometimes add several scrubbed and chopped potatoes or kumara to the recipe too, when adding the onions - tastes good too. Some fruit type chutney is nice added too. It's a great recipe for a pot luck also.
:-))

andrea1978, Feb 7, 2:24am
Sounds nice! I'm gonna copy this one as my kids love sausages (what kids don't) :D

fatdx, Feb 7, 2:25am
Cool thanks, just what I wanted! ! !

pickles7, Feb 7, 2:49am
All I do now , on my way out the door, place the pre-cooked sausages into the slow cookeralong with a pkt of Maggi golden sausages, some ch. onions . Grand-kids love them. It took me years to open a pkt. now, with the range available now, I always have a variety on hand... After years of cooking, my time is too valuable now that I have retired. . I often add my own little bits and bobs,

joybells2, Feb 7, 2:59am
245sam, yes I use this recipe too, lovely.

lilady, Feb 21, 3:39am
I made this and was delish but left out the banana. Can anyone tell me what it's like with the banana please?

cottagerose, Feb 21, 4:03am
i havent tried the recipe yet but I do beef strips satay and add banana cut up small and coconut just before dishing and the combination is great.
I think this combination for the sausages would be nice too with the curry and intend making it sometime

cherie19, Feb 21, 4:29am
Would this be quite nice with boneless chicken thighs

cottagerose, Feb 21, 4:33am
Personally Id say yes but omit the coconut, banana and sultanas.
Coconut milk and spices (tumeric, curry etc) are lovely with chicken

245sam, Feb 21, 4:38am
cherie19, can I assume that your question refers to the recipe at#2? If so the answer to your question is "Yes" - I haven't personally used the recipe in that way but note at the beginning of the recipe that juliewn made the suggestion "You can substitute chicken or beef for the sausages if you want. . "

Hope that helps. :-))

blossom115, Feb 22, 5:59am
made the sausage recipe... magic... thanks, , I didnt add the banana but it was real tasty! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

hott-mama, Aug 19, 6:58am
yum . . I made the Luxurious Curried Sausages for dinner tonight . .

the whole family loved it . . (hubby, myself and two teens . . one a very fussy eater) . .

its a definite keeper . .

thanks for sharing that juliewn and 245sam . .

=)

fatdx, Feb 7, 2:06am
Hey, the trademe cooks website isnt working, so, Im looking for the basic curried sausages recipe using curry powder and a tin of tomatoes. Please? :)

245sam, Feb 7, 2:14am
fatdx, I'm not sure if this is the recipe you're wanting or not but it was on TradeMeCooks and I can recommend it, and.....it does use canned tomatoes and curry powder (instead of ground coriander and ground cumin).This recipe is thanks to TM's juliewn.....

LUXURIOUS CURRIED SAUSAGES
You can substitute chicken or beef for the sausages if you want..
25g butter
1-2 tsp each ofground corianderandground cuminor1-2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
10-12 sausagese.g. pork sausages
1-2 onions, chopped
1-2 carrots, chopped
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
1 x 375ml can coconut milk (lite if preferred)orcoconut cream
a handful each ofcoconutandsultanas
1 or 2 bananas, chopped
seasoning to taste

In a large deep frying pan or electric fry pan, melt the butter -don't let it spread all over the pan, keep it in a smallish area.On top of the butter as it melts, place the coriander and cumin (or curry powder) and turmeric.Mix the spices into the butter and cook for a minute or two until the spice flavour has expanded.Use kitchen scissors to chop the uncooked sausages into about 4 pieces, then stir the pieces through the butter and spice mix.Add the onions and carrots and stir them through also.Cook for a few minutes, stirring every now and then, until the sausages and onion are starting to brown a little and the mix is sticking to the pan surface.Add and stir the tomatoes through - a wooden spatula is easiest for this as it will help lift the brownings from the surface of the pan to mix through and give extra flavour.Add the coconut milk and stir it through, then add the coconut, sultanas and chopped banana(s).Simmer all together for 1-1½ hours or until the mixture is as thick as preferred.Season to taste and serve on rice.
Notes: from Julie:- I don't thicken it as the flavour is better this way... Make lots as it tastes great the next day.I also sometimes add several scrubbed and chopped potatoes or kumara to the recipe too, when adding the onions - tastes good too.Some fruit type chutney is nice added too.It's a great recipe for a pot luck also.
:-))

fatdx, Feb 7, 2:25am
Cool thanks, just what I wanted!!!

pickles7, Feb 7, 2:49am
All I do now , on my way out the door, place the pre-cooked sausages into the slow cookeralong with a pkt of Maggi golden sausages, some ch. onions .Grand-kids love them. It took me years to open a pkt. now, with the range available now, I always have a variety on hand...After years of cooking, my time is too valuable now that I have retired..I often add my own little bits and bobs,

joybells2, Feb 7, 2:59am
245sam, yes I use this recipe too, lovely.

lilady, Feb 21, 3:39am
I made this and was delish but left out the banana. Can anyone tell me what it's like with the banana please?

cottagerose, Feb 21, 4:03am
i havent tried the recipe yet but I do beef strips satay and add banana cut up small and coconut just before dishing and the combination is great.
I think this combination for the sausages would be nice too with the curry and intend making it sometime

cottagerose, Feb 21, 4:33am
Personally Id say yes but omit the coconut, banana and sultanas.
Coconut milk and spices (tumeric,curry etc) are lovely with chicken

245sam, Feb 21, 4:38am
cherie19, can I assume that your question refers to the recipe at#2?If so the answer to your question is "Yes" - I haven't personally used the recipe in that way but note at the beginning of the recipe that juliewn made the suggestion "You can substitute chicken or beef for the sausages if you want.."

Hope that helps.:-))

blossom115, Feb 22, 5:59am
made the sausage recipe...magic...thanks,,I didnt add the banana but it was real tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!

whiskey13, Jul 10, 2:14am
Yip it is a fav. here as well.

andrea09, Jul 10, 4:20am
maggi packet mix then add more curry and more veges if what i do. Great base for flavour.