Beef Bolar Blade Roast

tahnasha, Aug 10, 4:14am
Never seem to have much luck cooking beef, I'm OK with lamb.

I don't have any oven bags and can't be bothered going to the supermarket again. So what temperature should I put the oven on please?

valentino, Aug 10, 4:45am
It is beautiful Rotisserried in a hooded bbq if you have one, just bumped the thread BBq recipes for someone else... .

Not too sure on doing it an oven though but possibly the need to turn the meat a few times (replicating BBQ one).

Maybe someone else have further thoughts... . . I'm a BBQ rotisserie fan when cooking chunks of meat especiall beef.

Cheers.

Cheers.

fisher, Aug 10, 5:02am
x1
Beef Bolar / Topside Roast:
Nice long piece of Bolar roast. . Sliver 3 cloves of garlic and using a small sharp knife make incisions into the beef and place in slivers of garlic. . Brush olive oil over meat. . Can roll in crushed peppercorns. .
I put some finely chopped rosemary all over the top and rosemary sprigs under the roast. .
Pre heat oven then roast at 200 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes (or internal temperature of 70). Cooking time is relevant to size of roast This hot oven gives a crusty outside and rare pink inside.
You can turn the roast once at 25 mins and then back again for the last 15 mins or so but do not open the door after that
Turn the oven OFF ~NOW DON'T OPEN THE OVEN FOR ONE HOUR ~ NOT EVEN TO PEEK :}}
As serving time approaches, set oven at 170 degrees for last 30 minutes of cooking time. .
Take the meat out and place on cutting board and leave, covered with foil to rest for at least 10 minutes...
Make a saucethicken with 1-2 tbsp cornflour and a little stock stirring over low heat...
This is a MEDIUM beef and don’t be put off by it bleeding reddy clear juices. . If it is red blood like then it hasn’t cooked long enough.
The recipe above is for a thawed larger roast about 5 pound to 6. 5 pound roast Smaller roasts say 3 to 4 pound will take about 40 - 45 mins...
I cook it hard and fast for a shorter period... then leaving it to rest/cook in the oven is a method I use near on every week