Sunday Ode to the Recipes MB

Page 2 / 4
nfh1, Feb 21, 1:35am
me too - I thought I was on the wrong board yesterday when I looked in.

I even thought of bumping a few controversial threads but chickened out! !

tammiraven, Feb 21, 1:40am
rrreeeeoooowww! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ... the claws are out!

elliehen, Feb 21, 1:42am
Anyone, everyone - even the sourpusses - feel free to bake the delectable Apple Cake from the recipe I posted Friday 19 Feb 2010 in the European/German type bakery thread. It's the height of the apple-picking season ;)

tammiraven, Feb 21, 2:32am
sourpuss? ? ... . I see myself as more of a happy white Bengal tiger

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/33/121011033_full. jp
g

elliehen, Feb 21, 2:38am
No, no, not you tammiraven... your little cat icon was simply pointing the way to the sourpuss posts above :)

nzhel, Feb 21, 3:28am
For God's sake - it is just a bit of fun! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
No wonder people give up posting things... .

rainrain1, Feb 21, 3:34am
Write us an ode would you pretty please davidt4 so we all know.

darlingmole, Feb 21, 5:37am
*coughs/clears voice*

Right~!

There was a young cook from Paremoremo
who didn't know what to make anyhow
So she trolled through the boards
asking all the ma'ams and lords
and is dining quite nice
like a right old sow!

(okay, it's not that clever, amateur at best! but it's my best effort)

rainrain1, Feb 21, 5:50am
That's a limerick :-)

darlingmole, Feb 21, 5:59am
strewth! busted! ! !

510, Feb 21, 6:17am
Elliehen, I just took it at face value, I enjoyed it, thought it was quite funny. There seem to be a few people on here that are holding grudges from past posts. Ducks for cover before I get shot at for my opinion.

cookessentials, Feb 21, 7:33am
I loved it and who gives a FIG what it SHOULD be called ffs. Why is it that there is always someone here ( out of a few of the minority I might add) that seem to take delight in continually correcting others? ?
Elliehen, thankyou, it made me smile.

cookessentials, Feb 21, 7:41am
Oh PPPllllleeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeeee-
e

buzzy110, Feb 21, 7:41am
Cooks, was it necessary to sully this particular board with foul language? I know you can express yourself better than that and much more lucidly.

Whilst I tolerate the barbs, name calling and outright abuse that emanates from ellihen and her support team I see these boards as a welcome sanctuary from the rest of the world who cannot express themselves any other way except by the use of swearing and foul language.

darlingmole, Feb 21, 7:44am
Gee well I hope that everyone has a nice Sunday evening ~ and that everyone shakes hands in the morning

cookessentials, Feb 21, 7:47am
I have had a fantastic day -went to Otaki and walked for a few km's on the beach. As for shaking hands? banging a few peoples heads together would be the better option. What I find so awful here is that there are those that contunually correct, belittle and generally try to outdo others - sad really but with some, not surprisinng at all.

cookessentials, Feb 21, 7:55am
Hey Ellie, I see you are from Motueka - what a great place it is. We were there for Christmas 08/09 and had a fabulous time. We have an MX5, so bought it across on the ferry - it was so great to drive around, hood down and taking in such a beautiful place. We stayed in Motueka - along the estuary. One of our favourite places was Mapua and I have a few pieces of great wall art from the "Laughing Fish Gallery" in Mapua - they make me smile each time I see them.

uli, Feb 21, 8:14am
I DO have a nice Sunday evening - however why would I want to "shake hands" with people that have never even once given a useful recipe here - let alone any advice? Why would I bother to try and understand their reasoning? Any advice on that darlingmole?

cookessentials, Feb 21, 9:02am
Let me get the sentiment then- you would not shake anyones hand who have not given a "useful recipe"- beggars belief really. I can see that this may get out of hand as they always seem to. I for one enjoyed your ditty Ellie as I also enjoyed the other one about the cook from Paremoremo - keep it up ladies, so nice to have a little light heartedness here and whether you want to call it an ode or a ditty or anything else matters little to me, it was nice to read them. As for those that dont contribute any "useful" recipes - well, I am sure there are PLENTY of people that dont, they sometimes just want advice which I FOR ONE am very happy to give without criticism. Not everyone has a recipe to contribute and that is fine with me - I did not know that we hadrules in regards to who can post determined by whether they share anything "useful" here. What one person deems useful, may not be useful to another. And what gives anyone the right to "shoot down in flames" someone who has a query or a recipe that does not suit or is deemed "useless"? ? ?

nala2, Feb 21, 9:33am
cookessentials
You have a short memory , just before you started your business you got stuck into a regular poster and several others with the worst abuse I have seen on here. To jog your memory I said "How can you operate a shop when you are abusing your potential customers". Talk about the pot! ! ! ! !

theanimal1, Feb 21, 9:49am
i liked it lol

cookessentials, Feb 21, 6:44pm
Alan, I dont think I have ever "abused" anyone as you call it. It seems that each time certain posters come on here and love to be nasty that the same old people come here and rush to their defense- I think you have been one of them. And no I dont think you actually said that either - you said you would not buy from me. That is entirely your choice. There are sadly a number of people that come to the boards to generally upset people. There are also those who come here to help, I would consider myself one of them. To say that what IMAY have said quite some time ago as some of the worst abiuse you have seen on the boards is quite laughable. I would say that for once in what ever the situation was that for once, I was not going to put up with someonnes constant sniping and put downs. You OBVIOUSLY dont know me but DO like to come to your own conclusions based on perhaps one comment I may have made some time ago. I have been in business for two years or so now and the shop is doing extremely well. I do well in my business because I go out of my way to help people and always do the best by my customers. If you wish to jump in and stand up for those who are continually nasty, and turn around and also try and make someone else look far worse than they actually are, be my guest.
I will continue coming on to the boards to offer any help to those who require it. elliehen, I enjoyed reading your wee ditty at the beginning of this as do others, so dont be put off by silly comments by those that dont appreciate a little humour, I thought it was great.
What a gorgeous day today, hope you all get out there and enjoy it.

cookessentials, Feb 21, 6:46pm
Gosh, about three spelling mistakes there, had to get rid of them. I am sure it is because my nails are too long, I keep hitting the same key twice and doubling up on letters.

luckyduck, Feb 21, 7:02pm
Puts head in, reads postings, put hands over ears and tip toes out again...

buzzy110, Feb 21, 9:38pm
Cooks, cooks. Have you never noticed the jeering timbre of elli's remarks throughout this board? Did you not notice the thinly veiled attack on our health stance in her "ode"? Did you not also notice how those who support her all came in here to back up her sentiments? Do you direct your remarks at us or her and them?

Oh well. Those of us who really care about health and can see the damage that many of the cheap, sugary, chemically and rubbished filled, embalming products sold on our supermarkets shelves will just have to take the jibes of the likes of elli and her Recipes coterie on the chin and soldier on.

We also do not complain, at all, about your constant self-promotion in these threads. . We never remark when you rubbish a manufacturer's goods if you don't sell it. Nor do we run to the TM Moderator.

In the past people like us were burnt at the stake as witches or fed to the lions. The world has spun and times have changed but the urge to burn those who would point out the truth still remains. Just take a good read of the opening ode which is a great example of the twists and turns some must make discredit those who are trying to open others eyes.

Elli has spent a great deal of time composing her sour and humourless ode in order to generate another thread that jeers and belittles others on this board. She has also reduced herself to name calling (once again, Thread # 28). You praise her, nevertheless. Are you just blind or merely biased.