Sunday Ode to the Recipes MB

Page 4 / 4
rainrain1, Feb 22, 5:08am
Love the poetry too, even though someone maybe thought I didn't.

elliehen, Feb 22, 5:18am
Thanks, rainrain1 :)Like you, I'm still waiting hopefully for that ill-humoured poster's 'authentic' ode... .

510, Feb 22, 5:31am
cookessentials wrote:
as quoted "We also do not complain, at all, about your constant self-promotion in these threads. . We never remark when you rubbish a manufacturer's goods if you don't sell it. Nor do we run to the TM Moderator"

Thanks for your opinion there buzzy. I do not constantly self promote-

Pam, I don't want to get into an argument but I have to comment on the fact that you might not self promote as much as you did, but you used to have another TM name and after lots of complaints I noticed you were only trading as cooks essential, where at that time you were using both. I also remember alot of put downs from you of some northern posters. We all say or write things in the heat of the moment, so may be that was the case for you.

510, Feb 22, 5:35am
Pam, I don't want to get into an argument but I have to comment on the fact that you might not self promote as much as you did, but you used to have another TM name and after lots of complaints I noticed you were only trading as cooks essential, where at that time you were using both. I also remember alot of put downs from you of some northern posters. We all say or write things in the heat of the moment, so may be that was the case for you. [/quote]

Sorry don't know what I did with the font size in my last post, operator problems.

kaddiew, Feb 22, 5:53am
Anyone who could possibly think that was aimed at them would surely be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. :)

missapril, Feb 22, 6:04am
Another day, another thread, but the same poster stirring the pot and HOPING to antagonise.
It's no wonder people give up posting and reading and find elsewhere to go.

missapril, Feb 22, 6:05am
and yes, one of them WILL be me. I can't stand the heat in this kitchen :(

hezwez, Feb 22, 6:21am
You actually have 15 minutes to edit your posts Mrs. Doug, unless you LIKE racking up numerous ones.

elliehen, Feb 22, 6:22am
Two posts: two missaprils. Just one missapril? Or two missaprils? Very confusing. But, in the first place, why bother to enter a thread that you find unappealing?

missapril, Feb 22, 6:30am
What don't you understand? I posted and then thought that someone would make the suggestion that if I didn't like it to leave - so thought I'd get in first! LOL
How would I know the thread would be unappealing until I read through it?
And I like to sit and read through a few postings after the children are sorted. Is that an abnormal thing to do?
Have no idea what hezwez is talking about, the heat must have got to her as well.
But whatever, You peeps can all have fun with your rhymes.
I did find the thread unappealing, so that we can agree on elliehen.

510, Feb 22, 6:30am
Cookessentials, I also wanted to add this comment. sorry I was having computer problems. I do really appreciate all your hints and recipes that you post so keep doing all the good work that you do on here.

elliehen, Feb 22, 6:53am
missapril? You didn't leave? ? Another one of those famous MB comebacks after a huffy departure?

However, whichever hat you've got on, unless you have a little poem to offer, please join the other placard-wavers and go back to the low carb thread to join your placard-waving mates. Yes, all the posters who rushed in to gripe about the verse are there - go look!

As has been famously said by poster #2: "Look it up! "

But you won't find a single post from me in there because I don't believe in forcing my opinions down other people's throats, or hijacking their threads. Besides, it's scary in there - some of them think they're going to be burnt at the stake or fed to the lions!

The fact that I'm still being pursued by the posse from The Low Carb Corral puzzles me ;)

missapril, Feb 22, 7:28am
elliehen. I thought it polite to respond :)
Has everyone that posted in this thread offered a poem?

And FYI, I don't do 'huffy'! LOL
What famous MB comebacks? You must spend more time on these boards than me to know the comings and goings of people

Knives flashing? I think you and your sidekick have shown your colours well and truly in here. I post 2 posts and am attacked and the thread hijacked [your words]. Maybe you could spend the evening composing another verse, which incidently I didn't find too bad. It was the barbed comments that followed which I found objectionable.

Now it's up to you both if you choose to continue. But I will make a dignified exit thankyou :)

elliehen, Feb 22, 8:53am
Why missapril, I thank you :)

But it was hardly an attack... more of a why-post-in-a-thread-that-you--
don't-like poke in the ribs. Why not just read and move on?

Incidentally, I don't think it is possible to hijack one's own thread... and I've steadily tried to return it to the verse-making which began it.

cookessentials, Feb 22, 6:43pm
Hi 510, to be honest, I dont remember and probably you are right, it may have been in "the heat of the moment" as I am not an agressive person ( actually quite the opposite! ) It may have been somethng that got a little too personal ( which at times I do note on here, it does! ) I dont like conflict at all and would avoid it if I could so i guess it must have been something that upset me LOL. As for the other username (brianmac) we have that username still- it is our personal username - the cookessentials is the business one and because at the time I was in with another person, we were allowed to have a second username ( all quite legal LOL) I think from time to time we can all "self promote" and anyone who has bought off me buys through Trademe. Anyway, we are getting off the subject a little. I still do find that it is the same old same old when it comes to the fact that people can get "shot down in flames" it may be a recipe they post ( they get told off that it is too this or too that or not "classic" etc... ) or it may be the way someone spells something or the fact that the "offender" thinks the question they ask is "stupid"- pathetic thigs, I know, but I just hate the old "ganging up" mentality that arises here from time to time. Well, I dont know about you, but the subject has done its dash for me, I have enjoyed the little ditties - lets hope there are more! ! I am going to go and enjoy this fabulous day - it has been like this for the last few days and it makes one glad to be happy and healthy and living in such a wonderful place. Have a great day everyone.

510, Aug 30, 9:02am
Sorry Pam, I must have got it wrong about the user name, but for a long time when I looked for brian mac, I couldn't find brian mac as it came up that you had been taken off as a TM user with that name. I can honestly say I have never self promoted, Probably cos it is one thing that annoys me. Anyway keep up with your good work that you do on here. I wish I could write an ditty on here, but so far it hasn't been found in that creative part of my brain. maybe one day.