Club Sandwiches in Tupperware Jelly Mould

Page 2 / 2
rainrain1, Aug 3, 6:33am
"that" sounds dam good

moby1968, Aug 7, 9:25am
x1
They all work best with the fillings overfilled so when the seal goes on it presses it all together

stormbaby, Aug 8, 8:35am
Many moons ago, Pearl Harper who wrote the Simply Moulds book, which was the book we used to sell at Tupperware Parties, was my Manager and taught me all about the Jel Ring.

Just a couple of tips. If you are using cheese, make sure you are using things that go with cheese, as it tends to overpower the other ingredients. I. e. cheese, ham tomatoes etc.

You always put the topping of the Jel Ring into the mould first. If you want your finished ring to have parsley on top, sprinkle that in first, followed by your first layer of bread, buttered side down (pressed into the parsley) as that makes it stick to the bread and form a good topping. From then on, its layers of whatever you like, salmon, ham, egg and mayo, tomatoes, whatever, always followed by the bread, buttered side down. Make sure your bread overlaps each half slice, and you press towards the outer part of the mould. I used to finish off with the buttered crust ends of the loaf, as this made a good base. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, overnight if wanted, but if overnight, always omit the tomato as it will go soggy. Unmould by simply taking off the large seal, slide on a plate, flip up. Leave for 5 mintues and gravity usually makes the whole thing come away from the top and side mould. If not, release the top mould and gently run a knife around the top.

If you want to use cheese, when you unmould, you can then sprinkle cheese around the sides and place in the oven on an oven proof plate or tray and grill. Yum.

The Jel ring sammy is one of those things that its easier to show people to do rather than tell. I sold tupperware for over 10 years, starting over 20 years ago.

guest, Aug 29, 7:35pm
Chef_sapphirez
we had the black forest at a tuppa party, she put in little bits of moro bar and sprinkles of flake, best i ever tasted.

alison, Dec 16, 8:18am
very helpful- have a microwave mould which will do fine as never made successful ringmould m/wave cake anyway.

guest, Jan 11, 10:05am
I've been looknig for a post like this forever (and a day)

guest, Jan 13, 2:04pm
Hi, I love the idea of leaving the bread dough ovrhniget and using it on the following day to make bread / buns. May I just ask how was the outcome of the buns? were they softer and more moist than the same day bake type of buns? What's your opinion. thank u.