Sticky chicken

alfredtonroad, Jul 29, 7:30am
i tried baking chicken drumsticks tonight, with honey, soy sauce, chilli, and lemon juice. How do i get them to go sticky & finger-lickin?

ferita, Jul 29, 7:40am
How did they come out?
You may need to baste them with the syrup as they are cooking

stasi21, Jul 29, 7:42am
I find that when they chicken is almost cooked through, it helps to turn the oven right up and maybe putting it on grill and then keeping an eye on it and turning the pieces as they begin to brown. If there is alot of liquid in the pan, pour most of it into a cup and then use it to baste the pieces. The high heat caramelises the sauce on the chicken. Just got to make sure you keep turning the chicken, so it doesnt burn

naki45, Jul 29, 7:46am
Alfredton road? used to work on that road ;-)

I just keep turning and basting the drums while cooking. And make surethe oven is not too hot, or they burn very quick lol

fisher, Jul 29, 8:00am
Sticky Chicken Sauce . . Leave overnight in fridge for best results
In a bowl, mix together. . 1/4 cup brown sugar. . 1/4 cup dark soy sauce. . 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce. . 1/4 cup water. .
Grated fresh ginger and garlic to taste...
Method:...
Pour over chicken wings/drums and leave to marinate... Bake at 150c for about 1-1 1/2 hrs. . Baste and turn often...
Roll in pre~roasted sesame seeds...

susieq9, Jul 30, 2:36am
The way I cook them is to put a little, 1tblsp oil, into the electric frypan and cook them in that. About every ten minutes turn them over and add some of the marinade until all the marinade is used up. You will notice it will start to get sticky. Take out and enjoy the finger lickin' good chicken.

littleblackhen, Dec 10, 10:40pm
Quick Chicken, 2-3 chicken portions pp I use(1kg of chicken nibbles), 1 cup strained tea(2 teabags) 1-2 tsps honey 1-2 tbsps soya sauce. Mix tea, soya sauce and honey. Cook chicken quickly, turning frequently. Add more tea when liquid reduced too much, continue to do this until you use all the liquid. I do this in either an electric frypan/or frying pan on the range.