Venison sausages

bootsnall1, Jul 22, 3:48am
instead of frying, what could I do please

wildflower, Jul 22, 4:06am
Grill. You don't want to hid the flavour by adding sauces etc but if you want something on the side Barkers Blackcurrent and onion chutney would be good with venison.

Pak'n Save where I live had them ages ago and I should have bought some cos vension is lower in fat than beef and high protein but every time I look for them now there's none there:(

nauru, Jul 22, 6:25am
x1
have you got a crockpot as I have a recipe that I often use for venison sausages, let me know if you want it

ballito, Jul 22, 7:16am
We have our own venison sausages made for us about 2 or 3 times a year. I cook venison sausages exactly the same as "ordinary" sausages i. e. fry, grill, curried, casseroled etc. Never be afraid of cooking venison - just never over cook it unless its a casserole. I cook a lot of venison - it's probably on our dinner table 2 - 3 times a week.

beaker59, Jul 22, 7:32am
Fry a sliced onion and some garlic add diced chilli garlic and ginger then some chicken stock carrot sliced thin some greens like cabbage and/or brocolli, capsicum, corgette etc etc what ever you have mushrooms are good, add a litre or so of water then a couple of bundles of chinese egg noodle (1 bundle per 2 servings) with seasoning like salt pepper soy sauce, fish sauce etc to taste and then the venison sausages and simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve in nice big noodle bowls with a sausage or two per serving.

cookessentials, Nov 20, 5:05pm
Bake them in the oven in an ovenproof dish/casserole.