Large, easy birthday cake recipe

vtec_babe, Jul 21, 11:37pm
I am going to attempt to make my first birthday cake for my sons 5th birthday a rocket, i need something easy to make and wont crumble when cutting into shape

natalie9, Jul 22, 1:23am
Easiest ever, I got this off here (thank you whoever posted it). For standard round tin it's perfect size but for a deep square tin need to double the recipe and would take a bit longer to cook.

Easy Chocolate Cake

Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
100 g melted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk.
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda - NOT BAKING POWDER
2/3 cups cocoa.
Chuck it all into a food processer ( I don't have one, so I just use the electric hand mixer) and pour into a greased tin (approx 20cm size)
Bake 40 - 50 minutes.

pheebs1, Jul 22, 1:32am
this is hooksie60s recipe i make often it makes and enormous cake or 2 decent size ones or 24 large muffins and a cake. its very moist so maybe leave to cool quite a while before you shape it
it is aseriously good recipe tho

3. 5 c flour
3. 5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1. 5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very similar to mud cake.

glenys21, Nov 19, 4:18pm
Thank you Natalie9, just made your Easy Chocolate Cake. So quick and easy and very yummy. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)