Recipes - Circle of Friends!!!

Page 381 / 382
juliewn, Feb 22, 11:28am
Hi Everyone.

Wow. lot's of wonderful things happening for you. exciting Pam. :-)

Thinking of you all in Christchurch. Charlie, Shirley, Calista, 2Halls, Sumstyle, Greer, Suzanna, Tixy, Neil, and so many others.

I just went back to find the posts in the thread from those of two years ago. if others would like to, they begin half way down page 45 at Post number 2226.

Earthangel. Rae, Ali, Mary,. everyone. hope all is well for you all.

A note from a proud Mum :-).
Jenni this week started studies for a Bachelor of Applied Social Sciences, majoring in Counselling. she was changed from a preliminary course after two tutors were chatting to her, including about all she's been through.the conversation must have made an impression on them, as they and three other tutors from her course last year, got together and agreed that Jenni didn't need to do the course she had started, and asked her to go for a meeting this past Monday. and she started the Bachelor's degree course that afternoon.

At 22 she's young to be doing the degree, as usually students need to be 25, so therefore have some life experience. however everything that's happened for her, and the way she handles it all, the skills she's built, and her resilience, etc.all added together for them to decide she has what's needed for the degree. one of the ways she has turned everything into looking at it all from a positive viewpoint. as she said today. 'I look at it all as a blessing now Mum. I wouldn't be the person I am now without having been through all that.'
Her text message this afternoon:
'It's finally sunk in and I clicked today in my human development class that I'm exactly where I need to be'.
I am so proud of her. she's been through such a lot, worked hard over many years to come to terms with it all, built skills to deal with anything when past things come up, or she needs to have her lung checked. and she's creating the future that's partly based on what she's been through. very cool. :-)

Take care Everyone.

marywea, Feb 22, 11:41am
Congratulations to Jenni-what a trooper she has been. Ihope she enjoys her studies. I have enjoyed reading about the establishment of your garden and orchard-lots of hard work there. Good luck to you and yours.

juliewn, Feb 22, 12:00pm
Hello Mary. how are you!. so lovely to see your post. :-) I've been thinking of you as you'll see in my post above. thanks for your lovely words. hugs. xxx

cookessentials, Feb 22, 8:58pm
Hi Julie, that is wonderful news and well done to Jenni, it is well deserved. I bet you are one proud Mama! It just goes to show what human endurance can do. Sounds like your garden is really flourishng too. I must say, I will miss the long Summer evenings and light early mornings once the cooler weather sets in. We have had such an awesome Summer, ones like we used to have when we first moved here eight years ago. Not long to go for us before we head to Nelson for the family reunion at Upper Moutere. Amazing amount of information about the Eggers family has come to light and DH now knows that his great Grandfather Johann was one of the founding members of the Upper Moutere region. We are looking forward to all the festivities and I am sure his Mum would be very intrigued as to what we have found out so far. DH is running the shop this morning ( bless him) I am still trying to get my back to rights and had a second lot of acupuncture yesterday. Great to see the sun shining again this morning after a dull day yesterday, however, all we got was about an hour of very light drizzle which I think would have evaporated once it hit the ground!

earthangel4, Feb 22, 9:33pm
Waving to you all.
Julie lovely to read about your DD,she is doing so well,and your garden sounds lovely.
At present not doing much at our place here,except maybe transfer our lemon tree when we move again.
We are going to buy our own home,it is all very exciting.
We are looking,but will not happen to after Winter.
I am excited about planting a vege garden and all.
Everything here is not doing that well,does not seem to be growing,except for the Lemon Tree.
I sprayed the roses,that I planted,with rose spray,but still got the black spot.
I will be leaving them here,and starting again.

cookessentials, Feb 23, 6:59am
Hi earthangel, great to hear from you.

melford, Feb 23, 7:34am
Hi everyone, what a lovely friendly thread so I thought i would join you all. I am so excited I just purchased two poochon puppies but I don't get them until 2 weeks time. One is jet black and one is all white, they are so cute. I had a golden retriever years ago then she had to be put down, it was such a sad day that day and I do miss her company. I have been in the garden today and it was wonderful. I love gardening but the grandchildren take up a lot of my time now. Earthangel, good to see you here, how are you doing! You won't believe this but my daughter who was coeliac is not now coeliac! No-one can explain why. It seems that after her first child was born the body corrected itself and she doesn't suffer any reaction to gluten at all now. - very strange. We were vary wary when she started on gluten again as we thought even though she wasn't reacting to gluten any longer it may be still damaging her intestines, but no, she was tested and everything is fine. Cooks, thank you for all your wonderful recipes I have enjoyed many of them so keep them a comin' lol, you juliewn. I love the summer weather we are having this year, may it linger a little longer. See you all later

cookessentials, Feb 23, 7:43am
Hi melford, great to hear from you and great that all the lovely, freidnly psters are slowly, but surely coming back to recipes and circle of friends. Always here to help where and when I can. Great news about your daughter too.who would have thunk it LOL

earthangel4, Feb 23, 9:26am
Thankyou Cooks,this is one thread I do enjoy,hope you are well. xx

earthangel4, Feb 23, 9:30am
Waving to Melford,
Great to see you in here,I am doing good,still gluten free.
Wonderful news about your DD,glad all is well with her.
Mine is here to stay,but all is good,also having other tests atm.but all good.
Waving to everyone else in here.
It is so hot and muggy here,and I am still wide awake,too hot to sleep.
Dp is asleep,and the wee dog lol.

cookessentials, Feb 26, 3:57am
An absolute box of fluffies thanks EA. Off to nelson on friday for a family reunion which is so exciting. We are having a German Bierfest on Saturday night at Siefried Estate which should be a lot of fun. Brian's Great Great Grandfather was one of the original German settlers in Upper Moutere, so we will be meeting all sorts of family we did not know existed! Have been looking at puppies EA.cocker spaniels no less! I have always loved them so we may go down to Christchurch next weekend as a breeder there has two girl's to look at - 1x golden and one black ( I think I want both!)

elliehen, Mar 1, 11:20am
Enjoy every minute!The weather should be perfect for the weekend.

pickles7, Mar 8, 5:52am
Gosh 4th page again, too good to loose.

cookessentials, Mar 8, 7:07am
It was wonderful ellie. Flew with Sounds Air, had perfect views all the way. Family reunion was wonderful. DH had over 100 reletives he didn't know he had! Fabulous German bierfest at Siegfried Estate on Saturday night and a lovely church service at the Lutheran church in Sarau ( Upper Moutere) after the service, we had the unveiling of Hans & Louisas plaque on their headstone.

elliehen, Mar 8, 7:21am
It's a picturesque little village.I found a book with a presentation sticker in it from Sarau School, dated 1897, and I returned it to the district.Here's a link to the famous pub.

http://www.moutereinn.co.nz/doc/TheMoutereInn.pdf

elliehen, Mar 8, 7:24am
pickles, I'm tempted to pass on by because I'm doubting your sincerity but that "loose" I can't let go.

You mean too good to LOSE ;)

cookessentials, Mar 8, 7:34am
Thanks ellie. The original Settlers, Hans and Louisa Eggers are DH's great great grandparents.

cookessentials, Mar 8, 7:35am
The Bensemmans married into the Eggers family and many of them were at the reunion last weekend as well.

shop-a-holic, Mar 8, 9:16am
*I'm so freaked out now*.I had lunch at the Jellyfish, Mapua on Saturday, drove past Siefried and ordered my new letterbox.Fab day!
xox

elliehen, Mar 8, 10:46am
I probably passed you on the road.drove to Nelson on Saturday ;)Did you check out the Mapua Country Trading Company, just around the corner from Jellyfish!

http://www.mapuawharf.co.nz/home/the-mapua-country-trading-company/

cookessentials, Mar 8, 5:32pm
Ha ha, we went to Mapua on Saturday afternoon as we had some "free time" between the reunion and dinner! went to Mapua Country Trading ( much smaller than it was when we were there four years ago) and there is a building missing on the corner. Went to what WAS the smokehouse restaurant for coffee. We LOVE Mapua.

cookessentials, Mar 8, 5:34pm
I see they now call it the Apple Shed. We would have been down there around 3-3.30pm

cookessentials, Mar 8, 5:37pm
Bronte Landing is where Hans & Louisa came and walked from there to Sarau ( Upper Moutere) to start their new life. They settled in the Sunrise Valley and grew hops ( a number of the Eggers are still in the Moutere) One owns Himmelsfeld vineyard and one has a huge hop farm which we visited on Saturday morning.

cookessentials, Mar 8, 8:01pm
You might find this interesting ellie
http://www.hanseggers.co.nz/

shop-a-holic, Mar 8, 8:39pm
Morning Ellie and Cooks
I did check out the Trading Company :-) I remembered 100 years ago, they were featured in a magazine regarding the teacups and saucers on stakes for the garden. I found lovely spoon herb markers, but didn't buy any, as I had found some in a market in Blenheim were the guy had used old butter knives.

My cousin told me about the building on the corner which is no longer there, and she was very sad to advise it was an aquarium which was razed by fire. She told me only one turtle had survived.

Love the girlie shop up the road further. So much bling to look at; and then quite by accident, drove past a lady's house who's husband made letterboxes from LPG cylinders.For years, I've admired a "Tennis" one in Normandale, so it was a ground breaking find to meet the makers.The waiting list is long (Nov delivery); so I'm busy designing.a chef's one :-)
xox