Maderia cake.

Page 2 / 3
nojack, Jul 6, 8:46pm
Here's an interesting Madeira cake made for a wedding:
http://www.mealmotivation.com/articles/wedding-cake/

cookessentials, Jul 6, 9:00pm
Aah, good old Harvey- great guy, had input on our website.

pickles7, Jul 6, 9:20pm
Great Aunt Dorothy, would share I am sure , if you ask. Tell her it's the best Madeira cake , you have eaten, bah none.
I can see the grin
on her wrinkled chin
I hear her chortling
now were to begin

hezwez, Jul 6, 9:39pm
Pickles7 tin glide recipe:
tin glide
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.

buzzy110, Jul 7, 12:30am
Don't forget, to make cooks madeira cake you will need to buy at least 5 bundt tins. Lol

buzzy110, Jul 7, 12:33am
I have righteous eating disorder though so I'll never taste anyone's cake!

pickles7, Jul 7, 12:54am
righteousness, is that the same thing. or is "righteousness, " the symptom of the eating disorder. lol .

purplegoanna, Jul 7, 1:57am
pickles... mine has a wee bit of lemon in it but nothing else... . later i make a passionfruit icing but the cake itself is fruit free apart from a wee bit of lemon rind

hezwez, Jul 7, 2:16am
No-one can top your fruitcake though buzzy.

elliehen, Jul 7, 2:31am
uli stirring? ? Vote NO, NO, NO, NO... please NO!

Didn't all 'the dribbling writing' disappear yesterday?

cookessentials, Jul 7, 2:33am
Some folks rail against other folks, because other folks have what some folks would be glad of.

hezwez, Jul 7, 2:41am
Sometimes all some cooks can do is stir... .

cookessentials, Jul 7, 2:44am
Hi flowers35- you have a heap of different varieties to choose from now. Hope the 21st cake is a success.

pickles7, Jul 7, 2:55am
I am waiting for da fruit cake recipe, pleeeeaaaase. I just hope it is not the one made with the orange juice, like that 4 ingredient one.

elliehen, Jul 7, 3:00am
No pickles7, it's not that '4 ingredient one' ... it's actually 4 ingredients short of a whole cake!

pickles7, Jul 7, 3:20am
cool another take on the, "1 quid short of a pound"

buzzy110, Jul 7, 4:44am
I love it. It is nice to know you all do have a sense of humour.

Yes pickles I discovered on Monday morning that I was suffering from Righteous Eating Disorder and I posted a thread asking for help to overcome it. Cooks too wanted to help but didn't want to be seen to help so she jumped into the Health and Beauty Board and called me a Fruitcake. I later discovered that it was just a subtle ploy to help me, whilst not being seen to help. So now I have a house full of fruitcake, which will help me overcome my righteousness as you so succinctly put it.

And it is working. No righteousness from me anymore. Just gaiety and joviality.

Do you like the new me?

buzzy110, Jul 7, 4:47am
You have to understand that part of my disease involved avoiding eating processed foods and anything with an ingredients list. So as part of my therapy I BOUGHT my fruitcake. I chose Ernest Adams because they have the cakes with the longest list ingredients.

I'm never going to make my own food again. And, if #1 has gotten this far, I suggest you buy madeira cake to prevent suffering as I am suffering.

pickles7, Jul 7, 5:21am
Ernest Adamsyep. I remember Nana buying slabs of cake by the lb, and me eating a huge ice cream, the best ice cream ever made, my Nana was nice to me.

buzzy110, Jul 7, 5:44am
Yes pickles your nana was good to you. She, single handedly saved you from having to suffer as I am, from Righteous Eating Disorder. I wish she had been my nana too.

I never had any nana.

uli, Jul 7, 7:05am
well you have outdone yourself while I was away - however a winner seems hard to pick - so I will leave it to flowers35 to tell us which recipe she used in the end... :)

pickles7, Jul 7, 7:09am
take another shower uli, use warm water this time.

buzzy110, Jul 7, 10:05pm
I'm shocked. I always use cold water myself because it saves the planet and now here you are suggesting we all go about willy nilly and have wholesale showering with warm water. Talk about adding to Global Warming.

pickles7, Jul 9, 10:25pm
lol... . buzzy... . . crack the ice on top of the bucket, girl. Yep, been a while since I have had to do that.

cookessentials, Jul 15, 5:28am
bumping up for someone wanting Madeira cake.