Curried Sausages

firob, Jun 28, 9:43am
Curried Sausages in the caserole dish. Ideas for a really nice recipe.

alebix, Jun 28, 9:53am
Im a busy mum so I use the maggi sachet but add in vegetable and a teaspoon more of curry powder to the mix. Comes out perfect.

pickles7, Jun 28, 10:56am
same every time , nice easy meal. Nothing wronge with Maggi... . . alebix... . Its the little extra bits that make those pkts fun. I too am busy, busy living for Me. I am well done with spending all day in the kitchen.
Maggi fish pie is well worth a go too, I use a can of tuna in that now. The spices in the pkt are strong enough so you really don't taste any difference. You will like money, savings, from a can of smoked fish. all good, these days. .

juliewn, Jun 28, 11:31am
Hi. . this is a recipe I've created over a long time. . it's our favourite and has also been enjoyed by many people here in these threads too. .

Luxurious Curried Sausages. .

In a large deep frying pan or electric frypan, melt 25 gms butter. Don't let it spread all over the pan. . keep in a smallish area. On top of that as it melts, place 1-2 tsps each of ground coriander and ground cumin (and/or 1-2 tsp curry powder) and 1 tsp of turmeric. Mix the spices into the butter and cook a minute or two till the spice flavour has expanded.

Use kitchen scissors to chop 10-12 uncooked sausages (I use pork sausages) into about four pieces. Stir them through the butter and spice mix. Add 1-2 chopped onions and 1-2 chopped carrots and stir through also. Cook a few minutes stirring every now and then, till the sausage and onion are starting to brown a little and the mix is sticking to the pan surface.

Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and stir through. A wooden spatula is easiest for this - and will help you lift the brownings from the surface of the pan to mix through to give extra flavour.

Add 1 can coconut cream - 400gm (I use the lite version) and stir through. Add a handful of coconut and another of sultanas, and one or two chopped bananas. an apple too if you want. .

Simmer all together for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, or till the mix is as thick as you want, stirring occasionally. . You can also transfer the mix to a casserole dish and cook at 160°C for the same amount of time, stirring at times. .

I don't thicken it as the flavour is better this way. Season to taste and serve on rice.

Make lots as it tastes great the next day. I also sometimes add several scrubbed and chopped potatoes or kumara to the recipe too, when adding the onions. . tastes good too. . Some fruit type chutney is nice added too. . It's a great recipe for a pot luck also. . Hope you like this. . it's a real hit here. . Enjoy. .

horse30, Sep 15, 2:09pm
I have tried a curried sausages with cucumber in not the seeds just the white part it is delicious