Home made pizza

Page 2 / 2
elliehen, Jun 27, 12:44am
For the purists, some of these might not be 'authentic' but they sure do have pizzazz!

I'm all for creativity in cooking... some cooks are even making pizza crust out of cauliflower now. Good on them ;)

uli, Jun 27, 12:47am
You can certainly overdo anything in live - even low carb ...

samsara11, Jun 27, 2:38am
The best flour to use is 00 flour. I also take out some of the flour and replace it with fine semolina.

elliehen, Jun 27, 4:05am
Scone dough base or Cauliflower base - horses for courses... each to his own.

If the cook who creates it says it's a pizza, I for one am happy for it to be "pizza" :)A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...

wildflower, Jun 27, 4:23am
Allyson Gofton's pizza base recipe in her Bake book is the best I've ever used, failsafe, and I've tried several recipes but that one tastes great and always cooks through perfectly and evenly.

buzzy110, Jun 27, 5:07am
uli. As always your pizza recipe looks the absolute best. It is the first time I have read that recipe. I think. I didn't realise it was better if left for longer before forming.

You learn something new every day.

rainrain1, Jun 27, 5:27am
No waiting. just make pastry, then roll it out into a circle-ish shape, make a little edge and add your topping, place on tray and bake. It is not a proper pizza base, but a thin crispy base which we like the best

mel1140, Jun 27, 6:27am
i dont know if this has been posted already but i use scone mixture as the base for home made pizza it works out great

jjaucks, Sep 13, 2:03pm
buy a pizza stone mate... they are the best. Makes perfect pizza everytime