Ciabatta bread just

harrislucinda, Jun 24, 10:38pm
madesome forthe firsttimelovedit, soeasysogoing to startsomemore

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 24, 11:03pm
great :)

juliewn, Jun 25, 8:13am
I think it's one of the divine breads of the world. . holes 'n all!

paghan, Jun 25, 9:30am
Could you post your recipe? I love ciabatta bread :)

harrislucinda, Jun 25, 10:04am
yesputitupsaturday, formetoo latenow

socram, Jun 25, 10:15am
I'd like it too please...

harrislucinda, Jun 25, 11:04pm
heregoesjuststartedanotherlot
spongeasitiscalled1/8tspactivedry yeast2tlbspwarmwater1/3cuproom tempwater1cupbreadflour
makespongestirtogetherwarm waterandyeastletstand5minin an otherbowladd1cup flourand1/3cupwarm waterthen addliquidstirfor 4mincoverwithplasticwrapletstandininroomfor12hrsandup to1day

makebread1/2tspactivedry yeast2tlbspwarmmilk2/3cupwarmwater1tblspolive oil2cupsbreadflour11/2tsp saltnowstiryeastandmilkleatstand5minin abowl withelectricbeateranddoughhook ? blendtogetherspongewaterflouroilsaltonlowuntilcombinesthenbeat8min allupTHISDOUGHISVERY STICKYANDFULLOFBUBBLESnowcoverwithwrapandletto stand11/2hrsuntil doubled
place onflouredbakingpaperandcutinhalfdipfinger intoflourandmakedimpleson loavesdusttop withflourcoverwithdampkitchen towlsfor2hrsnowbakeonsaidpizzastoneididitonapotterytypetraybakefor20 minuntilgoldenat425degfthenbakeotherloafitisreallynicehubbykeep asking formoreandnicetoasted

harrislucinda, Jun 26, 5:21am
justfinishedbakingsecondlot, howisyoursdoing

lythande1, Jun 27, 3:55am
I do that but without oil, milk and dough hooks, I just mix it in a bowl with a knife, then top it onto a floured surface and bake in a covered dish so it gets that steamed crusty crust.

wheelmann, Jun 27, 4:14am
What flour is best to use?

harrislucinda, Jun 27, 4:41am
ijustusedhighgrade, lythande1so leavingoil andmilkoutdoesitstillmakeaniceloafsifoundmixingwith awoodedspoonveryhard

seashore, Jun 28, 8:59am
Going to give this a try tomorrow as I am sick of fluffy cake like bread - want a chewy, holey, more natural loaf that hopefully is more filling and natural. I dont mind leaving it to rise for hours so will leave the sponge mix as long as I can. I dont have a beater so will need to mix it for the 8 minutes by hand (errk! ) will try anyway. Looking forward to giving it a go.

harrislucinda, Jun 28, 9:30am
my sister madesometodaysaidshemixedbyhandasnobreadbeatshavenotgotresultsfromheryetashowherswentoffto startanotherlotaslovely

beaker59, Jun 29, 5:38am
Try the 'No knead Ciabatta" recipe on youtube I have been using it for a year or so now and its so easy and brilliant bread.

cookessentials, Jun 29, 5:43am
Delicious. I had some with a tomato/chilli soup for lunch.

sqiff, Jun 29, 9:18am
Must agree with you beaker59. I made the 'No knead Ciabatta' for the first time last week and it is so easy and tastes great. It is going to be a regular in our house from now on.

toadfish, Jun 29, 9:29am
http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=YX_6l2bmvQI&feature=relat
ed

This one is left for 18 hours... then another 2... . Is that the one you use beaker?

beaker59, Jun 29, 10:57am
Thats it Toadfish highly recomended I have made that recipe with White flour wholemeal flour rye flour and spelt they all work particularly 50/50 flour and spelt :)

fisher, Sep 16, 6:51pm
Toadfish... Make the same bread, but grind some sunflower and pumpkin seeds to add to the flour and wholemeal flour in the mixing stage. . I also add a few seeds pressed into the top. . You'll know the bread is ready (about 40mins) when you tap the top with a knife and its hard... The other thing I like to add is my processed dried rosemary to the flour...
I have the recipe for a larger amount which makes 4 x loaves and can simply be left covered in the fridge for 2 weeks. . chop off a quarter as required and ready in about 40 mins while your cooking dinner. . Just enough time to cool on the rack lol:}