Who uses an electric grinder for spices?

antoniab, Jun 24, 12:34am
We have a mortar and pestle but would like to invest in an electric grinder too as my partner makes a lot of curries. Is the burr or blade grinder best to get? Thanks :)

cookessentials, Jun 24, 2:27am
I use a good old breville coffee grinder specifically for my linseeds, almonds and sunflower seeds.

ruby19, Jun 24, 6:43am
I used to until I left the lid to close to the element! Now I use the good old mortar & pestle.

lilyfield, Jun 24, 7:12am
I use a Braun coffee grinder-- used to be my Mums- still going strong

cookessentials, Jun 30, 1:14am
I do find the almonds are always the hardest to grind properly, but it does not bother me too much. I love my LSA sprinkled over crispy apple and drizzled with Waihi Bush organic flaxseed oil.

beaumonde, Jun 30, 10:33am
I have a good one, really fast, a Breville, got it off trademe secondhand , grinds hazels well though takes time as the compartment is a little small.

carol09, Jul 4, 11:25pm
For grinding spices specially Kenwood coffee grinder is the best. This has narrow mouth which grinds the ingredients very finely. Tried russel hobb but no good use. I still use mine for 14 yrs now no complaints and gifted the other ones to my friends all are crap.

purplegoanna, Jul 5, 2:06am
i use my magic bullet...

antoniab, Jun 24, 12:34am
We have a mortar and pestle but would like to invest in an electric grinder too as my partner makes a lot of curries. Is the burr or blade grinder best to get? Thanks :)

cookessentials, Jun 24, 2:27am
I use a good old breville coffee grinder specifically for my linseeds,almonds and sunflower seeds.

ruby19, Jun 24, 6:43am
I used to until I left the lid to close to the element! Now I use the good old mortar & pestle.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 1:14am
I do find the almonds are always the hardest to grind properly, but it does not bother me too much. I love my LSA sprinkled over crispy apple and drizzled with Waihi Bush organic flaxseed oil.

beaumonde, Jun 30, 10:33am
I have a good one, really fast, a Breville, got it off trademe secondhand , grinds hazels well though takes time as the compartment is a little small.

carol09, Jul 4, 11:25pm
For grinding spices specially Kenwood coffee grinder is the best. This has narrow mouth which grinds the ingredients very finely. Tried russel hobb but no good use. I still use mine for 14 yrs now no complaints and gifted the other ones to my friends all are crap.

purplegoanna, Jul 5, 2:06am
i use my magic bullet...

uli, Jul 5, 7:05am
The Breville spice and coffee grinder is very good!

kinna54, Jul 5, 7:25am
Me as well. thoroughly recommend.

spongeypud, Jul 6, 4:41am
I also use my coffee grinder to mix spices, but never use it for grinding coffee.