Zucchini and chocolate slice recipe?

norfgurl, Jun 19, 1:13am
I recently tried a "zucchini and chocolate cake" at a cafe, it was delicious and I would love to try and make it myself if any one has a recipe I can try.

It was more like a slice, with the consistency of a brownie but the "cake" was not chocolate flavoured, it had a layer of chocolate through the middle.

LOL I hope my strange explanation is understandable to some one :o)

eastie3, Jun 19, 6:02am
x1
http://recipes. had.co.nz/252/zucchini-courgette-chocolate-ca
ke

I haven't made it but was intrigued enough to search for a recipe.

boxsters3, Jun 19, 6:21am
x2
This is the same as the Chocolate Zucchini Cake

From “Alison Holst’s Best Baking”

- makes moist dense 23 cm square chocolate flavoured cake

125g butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tspn vanilla
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tspns baking soda
1 tspn cinnamon
1/2 tspn mixed spice
1/2 tspn salt
3 cups (350g) grated zucchini
1/2-1cup chocolate chips

Turn oven on @ 170C or 160C if a fan oven.

Prepare 23cm square pan by lining it with two crosswise strips of baking powder.

Beat the butter with the sugars until light and creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time, with a spoonful of the measured flour to prevent the mixture from curdling.
Add the vanilla and yoghurt and mix well.
Measure the remaining dry ingredients into a sieve over+ the bowl and shake them in.
Stir gently to partly combine with the egg mixture, then gently mix in the grated zucchini.
Do not over-mix.

Turn mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Bake for about 45 minutes or until the centre feels firm and a skew comes out clean.

Serve warm or cold. Preferably within two days.

mistrycelebrity, Jun 19, 6:42am
This is yum too - WW pineapple & zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting

Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 16 • Serving Size: 1 slice • Calories: 224 • Points: 5. 25 pts

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg, optional
1 pinch ginger, optional
3 tbsp canola oil
2 whole large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini, unpeeled
20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
Frosting:

8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.

In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add grated zucchini and pineapple; mix well. Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, batter will be stiff and dry but keep folding it and it will all come together.

Spoon batter into a Bundt pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for about 33-40 minutes, depending on pan size or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake is pulling away from sides of pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.

To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake. You can garnish with chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired

norfgurl, Jun 19, 6:53am
x1
Those recipes look yum but they all have cocoa in them and the one I tried didn't lol

I might have to be really cheeky and ask the cafe for a recipe. Do you think they will give me one?

If I can get my hands on the recipe I will come back and share :o)

guest, Jan 21, 6:09am
That Zucchini Chocolate cake is a fave in our whanau! Thank you Alison! Our vegie cook book has been thumbed through so much that it has holes on the edges.