Zucchini anyone!

elliehen, Jan 27, 12:51am
Perfect example of what can happen when you turn your back on a zucchini for five minutes ;)

lilyfield, Jan 27, 1:01am
I once made soup with my huge surplus, lots origanum in it, base from chickenstock, it was delicious and froze well.

shop_tiludrop, Jan 27, 2:09am
Love it, I would post a pic of mine but not sure how to do it lol.I went to the garden yesterday and ours were from 20 to 45cm lol.

tielfan, Jan 27, 6:21am
At one stage we ended up giving two kilos of them away a day to people, we had about 25 plants grow from seed and it was bedlam.We took to putting several of them in peoples letterboxes around the neighbourhood with a note.

dezzie, Jan 27, 6:30am
lol, we just had zucchini "noodles" tonight added to stirfry instead of udon.they were actually quite good.

supercook, Jan 27, 7:13am
Enjoy your courgettes as they are very expensive in the shops this year. I just planted some in the garden a couple of weeks ago they are growing well.

nauru, Jan 28, 6:27am
Seniorbones, that made me laugh.Plenty of Zucchini here too, some of which we had for tea today.Also made a batch of Zucchini & Feta muffins yesterday.Last week I found some of my gherkins had turned into cucumbers too as I hadn't checked them for a few days.

kiwigoldie, Jan 30, 9:58am
Try these they are divine!.I didnt ice them just dusted with icing sugar, had them warm, cold, hot with icecream as a cake.

Zucchini Brownies
Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch pan
1/2 cupvegetable oil
1 1/2 cupswhite sugar
2 teaspoonsvanilla extract
2 cupsall-purpose flour
1/2 cupunsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoonsbaking soda
1 teaspoonsalt
2 cupsshredded zucchini
ICING:
6 tablespoonsunsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cupmargarine
2 cupsconfectioners' sugar
1/4 cupmilk
1/2 teaspoonvanilla extract
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched. To make the frosting, melt together the 6 tablespoons of cocoa and margarine; set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, blend together the confectioners' sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.

Note: the mixture seems very firm when all mixed but believe me they end up very moist and moorish

bev00, Feb 27, 8:36am
Kirkcaldie & Stains Café’s Courgette Slice

Base
125g butter
½ cup sugar
1 small egg
200g flour

Topping
4 eggs
300g brown sugar
pinch salt
3 tablespoons flour
100g sliced almonds
2 cups coconut thread
¾ cup chocolate chips
2 medium courgettes

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 30cm x 20cm baking tray and line it with baking paper.
To make the base, beat the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and the flour and stir until combined.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
To make the topping, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt together until combined. Mix in the flour, almonds, coconut and chocolate.
Grate the courgettes, making 2 cups full. Fold the grated courgette into the topping mixture. Spread the mixture evenly over the base.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes. The cooking time will vary according to the amount of moisture in
the courgettes.
Makes about 20 pieces.

Owner Lorraine Pells would like to thank Mark McDonough of Zarbo, Newmarket (www.zarbo.co.nz), for the use of his recipe.

ange164, Feb 28, 12:27am
carrot cake recipe with corgettes instead of carrots are pretty darn tasty too.

dms01, Feb 28, 12:49am
try the "lemon curd" recipe with zucchini in it instead of eggs. google it, it's genius

nauru, Feb 28, 6:31am
Zucchini in chocolate cake is good too.

sossie1, Feb 28, 6:33am
we have been slicing the buggers up, and putting them on the BBQ, and brush with an oil,garlic, balsamic vinegar etc mixture