Too many zucchini?

daleaway, Jan 15, 4:29am
I've been trying zucchini fritter recipes, and the best one by miles is on the Martha Stewart website. She puts lemon zest in it which is just what they need, so I'm recommending it.
Forget Nigella's - nasty inclusions like dried mint. Blecch.

prawn_whiskas, Jan 15, 4:41am
I just do mine simply, as I am not a fan of cooked Zucchini (like it raw)

Grate 4 small or 2 large zucchini - squeeze out liquid using clean tea towel
toast 3T pumpkin seeds
1 Red chili - de seeded and chopped finely
1 clove garlic - minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 eggs - just enough to wet the mix

Fry in Lard with a table spoon of butter for that yummy nutty butter taste.

blt10, Jan 15, 5:06am
Thanks will try lemon zest next time as I'm finding they are lacking too.

escapees, Jan 15, 5:19am
Any recipes for Zucchini releishes or chutneys???

uli, Jan 15, 5:26am
If you use the search function on the left - and use "anytime" - you will find lots of recipes!

blt10, Jan 15, 5:27am

olwen, Jan 15, 5:36am

rosathemad, Jan 15, 5:37am
Zucchini cake is good too! :-)

jaybee2003, Jan 19, 10:56am
Ricotta, Zuchinni, Ham and Basil Wrap:
Lightly spread wrap or mountain bread with ricotta. Lay a line of thin slices of zucchini [sliced lengthways with vege peeler]. Add shaved ham and lastly fresh basil leaves. Roll up wrap, 3 minutes in sandwich press. Yummy! Also nice with zucchini, fresh pineapple thinly sliced, ham, and fresh mint leaves.

uli, Jan 19, 10:01pm
Or if low carb - use shredded courgettes with bacon, cheese and eggs and bake a wrap out of that - like a very thin crepe - then fill with mayo, smoked chicken, lettucey stuff, tomato, cucumber and whatever else you like :)

elliehen, Jan 19, 10:11pm
Will try that, minus the bacon.Good idea :)

uli, Jan 19, 10:51pm
OMG ellie *faints* ....

elliehen, Jan 20, 12:41am
Do I need to restate what I believe about the messageboards?

I enjoy substance over style.When I find substance, I acknowledge and appreciate it :)

When I find negative style - sarcasm, put-downs, posters shrieking ME ME ME instead of answering the poster's question - I don't appreciate it :(

Hope you didn't hit your head when you fainted...

tielfan, Jan 20, 1:10am
We also do courgette & chicken risotto that is nice too... we've been eating a lot of that.And courgette quiche, I can swing that past the prentious three year olds (give the grated courgette a good squeeze so it's not a much quiche).

I learned never to plant 25 courgette seeds.I did that one year and they all came up.I spent the harvest weeks stuffing letterboxes in the area with a few courgettes to get rid of them (thankfully everyone around the area knew I'd got an oversupply and got used to the wee parcels in their post!).

elliehen, Feb 13, 9:51am
I can identify with that ;)

At my first attempt I planted four...and even that was too many.Every day I was racing out to rescue a courgette from becoming a marrow.

Currently, my Scarlet Runner beans are behaving badly.I pick them every day, but still one will hide and become a giant.Then I extract the pretty pink and black bean seeds and cook them like broad beans.