Tegal Chicken Enchiladas

fetish, Jun 18, 10:41pm
Hi all :)

I'm wondering if anyone else is going through withdrawal symptoms when it comes to these addictive yummies. I've been buying the Italian ones (or Hawaiian)every Friday as a semi good home styled fast food option, but its been over a month since I've seen them anywhere, and I've been to 3 different supermarkets. I've emailed Tegal but just wondered if anyone knew already whats up, I so hope they have not been taken off the market ! ! TIA for any replies :)

a_n_h, Jun 18, 10:44pm
i saw them in our supermarket a couple of weeks ago. tried them once and found them horrible. the chicken was really fatty and gross.

wildflower, Jun 19, 3:49am
I saw them advertised on telly the other night so must be still making them. I bought them a few times when they first came out but then switched to making my own.

QB traditional wraps, skinless diced chicken, Graigs red kidney beans, a sachet of Old El Paso Burrito mix and a bit of grated edam cheese. I cook chicken, add beans and sachet and 1 cup water, heat the wraps in the oven, chuck the chicken mix in, top with cheese and roll.

trader125, Jun 20, 6:17am
our supermarket have stopped getting them , i think because of a huge price increase? they have some from brinks now, i think they do have them when they are on advertised special

fetish, Jun 21, 8:40pm
thanks all for your replies, my monitor keeps going on the blink so I just remembered to check here when its going. I tried making themmyself too wildflower but was not successful but I think I used too much sauce. I know they are super over priced but at the end of a very busy Friday this was just a nice easy dinner that I didn't have to prepare for a change. Guess I'll keep looking ! Thanks again all :)

cgvl, Jun 22, 3:48am
quick easy chicken enchilada's (you can spice them up with a bit of chilli if you want or tabasco sauce)
1pkt tortilla's or wraps (I but the cheap burito ones).
1 onion diced and saute'd
1 or more chicken breasts, chopped and fried with onion until brown.
Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes with or without the chilli or other varieties.
Cook until tomato heated through.
Spoon into tortillas, save some of the tomato and wrap, place wraps into an oven proof dish in single layer.
Using left over/saved tomato and a chopped fresh tomato spoon over the wraps. Add grated cheese and put into a moderate oven until cheese melted.
If sauce seems a bit on thin side thicken with cornflour or arrowroot but I don't find I need to.
I sometimes make my own crepes and do this as well. Can use mince instead of chicken.

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 27, 3:16am
another option to the recipe above is add chilli beans instead of tomatoes. . thats what i do and its fantastic. hubby doesnt eat chilli beans tho so my loss :) hope your search goes well :)