What is the Best oil for a deep fryer?

Page 2 / 2
libra29, Jun 18, 8:25pm
I think dripping fills the arteries

muzza3, Jun 18, 8:34pm
As an ex takeaway bar owner ( won awards for the F&C) Chefade , no taste on hte product you are cooking. Chefade is not vege , but de odorised beef dripping. Used to love telling the vegetarians this .

libra29, Jun 18, 8:35pm
Oh Just Goodled Canola Oil, what a wake up call

poppy62, Jun 18, 9:04pm
Yup! Aint it? We are being convinced to buy products that are potentially damaging to our health and we buy without questioning!

guanoloco, Jun 18, 9:27pm
Beef dripping all the way! Hell my grandparents grew up eating the stuff spread thickly on bread, and are still going strong. I'm not buying into the whole unsaturated fat hype, and you can't beat animal fats for taste

traceedwards, Jun 18, 9:47pm
So what exactly about your findings 'woke you up'?

aquarianchick, Jun 18, 10:48pm
I googled it and found about as many good reports about it as bad ones... ... . how would you really know what is true and what is not?

diz_fullah, Jun 18, 10:56pm
I also use rice bran :)

hestia, Jun 18, 11:03pm
Ask yourself "where does this information come from? ". Then look for the report's references/bibliography. If the report does not show the research which was used in order to form their conclusions, then their information is little more than baseless claims.

micky_1, Jun 18, 11:20pm
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/canola. asp

holdenss, Jun 19, 1:44am
Yip and thats the price you pay for quality.

holdenss, Jun 19, 1:52am
The best bet is always read more than one report and come to your own conclusion as to how legitimate they are depending on how they did there studies, Remember that studies are generally motivated by a lab tech or MD trying to add a feather to there hat, Looks great on there profile. The ongoing studies we always read arent necessarily there to help humanity. So if I want to go out there and proove Canola has health benefits, thats what my study would be based on.

sage15, Jun 19, 2:03am
Rice Bran here

poppy62, Jun 19, 3:55am
I am going with my gut instinct on this one - the report made alot of sense to me and I would rather not use it after reading about it. The research was not done for a company so I feel that whoever wrote it had nothing to gain from it.

biker_69, Jun 19, 5:06am
Rice bran.

holdenss, Jun 19, 5:33am
I use to date a girl who was fairly high in the health sector who told me about professors etc all around the world who go out to try and make breakthough scientific studies, the reason = As a "individual" or company They gain important papers to add credibility to there name = $$$
Makes sense. Just giving you something else to think about when analizing new studies in the future.
Made me think about it when alot of these New studies coming out that sound rediculous and inconclusive.

laraine, May 8, 10:45pm
Chef_mel1140, my husband told me the same thing. It's revolting stuff anyway; has a ghastly texture. I don't fry often but when I do I use dripping just as my Mum did.