Air fryer

jca1, Oct 22, 8:58pm
I want to buy an Air fryer. Can anyone give me some advise. Good or bad. Thanks peeps

samanya, Oct 23, 4:30am
x1
I enjoy using mine for rissoles/patties etc . things that I usually fried. I'm still experimenting with vege chips.KFC type coatings are great. There are heaps more ideas in the threads uli posted.
It's a very useful gadget in my kitchen, but there are still some things that just don't taste as good as frying in oil/fat/butter. Whitebait is one that comes to mind ;o)

aktow, Oct 23, 12:09pm
i was given one to try out and i was not impressed. i prefer the convection oven. https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/420481105.jpg . it far cheaper and you can use the extender and put bigger roasts in it. you can buy the convection oven on trademe. i bought a few over the years and none cost more than $40

dk33, Dec 15, 9:44am
Look at those other threads. I've had a Philips Airfryer for a while now and it's the best thing ever. I wouldn't be without it.

ahaaaaa, Dec 15, 12:10pm
Love mine and use it most days. Its a Micassa and was on special at Harvey Norman for $140. Its a perfect size for 2 adults, but food cooks so quickly you can do it in batches. It goes up to 220 degrees. Its great for cooking marinated chps etc that often stew or the marinade burns in a frypan. Bacon is done in 10 minutes crispy with the fat dripped out. I also use it to quickly heat bread rolls.

eljayv, Apr 9, 1:53am
Lamb shoulder chops 10-12 mins at 200. Works well for most foods.