Air fryer

vomo2, Nov 9, 12:48am
What do you cook in yours? Any tips as I've just bought one

rai5, Nov 9, 6:07am
Chops, sausages, individual pies, frozen chips, chicken pieces, (roast) vegetables with or without potatoes. There are only two of us now at home and so ideal to use rather than heat the oven. Much of what I learned was a little by trial and error, but quick to come to grips with it. Because you have such easy access to check it, it is easy to come to grips with.

samanya, Nov 9, 6:32am
search on this forum & there's heaps of ideas.
I have had one for a quite a while (courtesy Fly Buys) & I'm still learning.
Last night's dinner was a $7 size 14 chicken, 'roasted' whole with a covering of herbs & I cooked it at a lower temp than I usually use . kept looking/ testing & rested & it was great. Rissoles/patties & that sort of stuff ( I form, flour, egg & coat & it's great for that, instead of the sizzling in the frypan with the fats/oils & not a lot of difference.
You will probably end up using it heaps. I one cook for one or two & it's very useful. Mine's not large, so maybe not useful for a crowd . wouldn't be without it.
Good luck.

smallwoods, Nov 9, 8:36am
Poultry is great in these, we do duck breasts most weeks.
only two of us, so clean up is easy.
Fries are great in them as well.

eljayv, Nov 9, 9:22am
You can fit a size 14 chicken in it. What size is it? Mine is the smaller Philips and I would love to fit a whole chook in it, not sure if it can do.

samanya, Nov 10, 6:35am
It's an ordinary Breville & the chooke fitted easily/ish, but no room for 'roast' veges though.

deus701, Nov 10, 10:43am
I used to be a fan of tefal one. then i tried the philip version as in (no paddle in the middle). Its a cheapie I bought from countdown.

I made beautiful pork roast with beauuutifulll crunchy crackling. I will upload a pic one day if im not too lazy. But for now, just take my word for it =p

samanya, Jul 5, 6:04pm
eljayv. my apologies, I got the name/brand wrong. Mine is a 'no name' brand I think. I bought it very cheaply from TWH & it's an Air Wave Fryer. I was thinking of the fast slow cooker, I have.