I'd like a recipe for chicken thighs please

white_pigeon, Jun 10, 8:25am
I have a pack of 8 here and not sure what to do with them! Bit of a hopeless cook...

bidz, Jun 10, 8:40am
They are delicious pan fried. Chop up some garlic, heat some oil in a pan, season the thighs with salt & pepper and cook until golden brown and crispy. Heavenly. Delicious with satay sauce and rice or chopped up and served in home made souvalakis using pita bread, natural yoghurt, lettuce, tomato, cheese etc. Be sure to stash one away for your lunch the next day too.

bisloy, Jun 10, 8:59am
Can bake with a little flour, lemon pepper and garlic salt if you want to 'set and forget'. Add roasties to the pan and bake. Take out and make gravy from the drippings, yum, yum!
Gently grill plain, then, as soon as they're done, squeeze over some lemon juice and serve with a salad and baked potatoes.

white_pigeon, Jun 10, 9:02am
Thanks very much for those ideas! Much appreciated. BTW bisloy what are 'roasties'?

emmbee, Jun 10, 9:03am
Mix in a big bowl, 1 Tablespoon each of plain flour, curry powder, brown sugar. Tablespoon breadcrumbs, (optional). Teaspoon each of tumeric, garam masala, salt , pepper, pinch of nutmeg. Roll thighs in this. Chop up onions & garlic as much as you like (we love heaps) meanwhile heat oil in large pan, throw in onions & garlic, cook slightly, then add the thighs, cook moderately, (might have to add more oil) when all nicely browned add some chicken stock (i use campbells) chopped carrots and a can of drained cooked chic peas. Cook moderately for another 20mins-half n hour. mind it dosnt get too thick and stick. Serve on steamed rice, garlic bread fruit chutney etc, mmm Bonne Apetit

jag5, Jun 10, 9:21am
Roasties are vegetables chopped up to roast with the meat. Potatoes, kumara, pumpkin, parsnip, carrot, swede, yams etc

beaumonde, Jun 10, 12:11pm
Marinade them in fish sauce, fresh ginger, chilli, fresh lime juice, bit of brown sugar, chopped garlic and fresh corinader in covered bowl (botton Shelf) over night in the fridge.
Then put them in a roasting dish and fan bake em till done, lip smacking good.

sophie25, Jul 25, 3:18am
A recipe that I use all the time that is real easy - skinless boneless thighs, streaky bacon & blue cheese.
Cut cheese into pieces and put into cavity of thigh, wrap in bacon strips (one per thigh)Can fasten with a toothpick if you need to. Put into sprayed dish and bake at 180 or so for around 30 mins. Delicious and fast!