Forequarter of lamb in the slow cooker ?

miffycat1, Jun 9, 5:14am
Can I cook this in the slow cooker ? if so has anyone got any suggestions, hints that might help me. Took it out of the freezer to oven cook it but now need to be out most of the day tomorrow,
Thanks

jessie981, Jun 9, 5:28am
Cook it in the oven from frozen. Will be fine.

miffycat1, Jun 9, 6:58am
I want to do this in the slow cooker, Can I ?
Thanks

lookingfor, Jun 9, 7:22am
yes of course you can, add a little water to stop it drying out if it's not at all frozen, else if it's frozen don't need to add water. I also add rosemary when I cook lamb. You can't overcook in a slowcooker so leaving it for 8 hours + on low is fine.

katalin2, Jun 9, 7:43am
I don't add water- just put it in as is with a few cloves of garlic poked in. Tons of fat comes out and meat actually browns- no worries about drying out as the steam seems to keep it moist. Meat falls off bone :)

margyr, Jun 9, 6:38pm
did one from frozen the other week, it was lovely put it on around 8 on auto and took it out around 530pm, wrapped it in tinfoil and let it rest, the juices i poured into roasting dish and did vege in the oven. I did not put anything in with the meat but next time will put in an onion and some garlic.

miffycat1, Jun 10, 7:45am
Thanks to those that posted. used garlic & rosemary, 1/2 cup of water, left on low all day, meat fell of the bone & it was delicious.

pussy01, Jun 10, 9:25am
how can any one ruin lamb by putting garlick in it? thats like using garlick with fish... just not done. not that i don't like garlik in an italian or asian dish

natalie9, Jun 10, 10:01am
Actually just pulled this from the internet today as plan to do it myself:

Easy Crock Pot Lamb Roast Recipe
Lamb Roasting Piece IMPORTANT Choose a piece of lamb that is going to fit in the pot.

We usually choose a lamb leg.

Vegetables Cut into inch size pieces and put in the Crock Pot first. Choose any vegetable you would normally roast. They will not be crispy, but soft and take on the flavor of the meat.

Optional Extras We generally add something else to enhance the lamb flavor. However you don't have to add anything if you don’t want.

Ideas# 1 1 tablespoons butter mixed with 1 teaspoon of ‘Roast Lamb Seasoning’ (mixture of rosemary, oregano, mint leaves, clove and garlic)- and rub over raw meat. # 2 1 tablespoons butter mixed with 1 teaspoon of garlic - and rub over raw meat.

DIRECTIONS Place vegetables (if cooking) in first then put the meat in the pot - rub on butter and extras if required. And that’s it. Nothing else to do or add.

Cook for about 4–6 hours on high OR 8–10 hours on low.

natalie9, Jul 23, 11:51pm
Remember taste is specific to each of us. Garlic and lamb goes perfectly for me.