The hcg diet

Page 2 / 5
kurtis, Nov 20, 9:35am
Why the 500 calorie diet - VLCD (very low calorie diet )?

500 calorie diet

hCG diet drops cause your hypothalamus to mobilize the fat out of the fat storage locations so that it’s available for use. While you are only consuming 500 calories, your hypothalamus is continually releasing the fat stored in your body. Because of this, your body is actually operating on thousands of calories a day. The result is your body using thousands of calories of fat from your body each day, the reason hCG dieters lose 1 to 2 lbs of fat or more, per day.

indigo1, Nov 20, 9:42am
kurtis what do you classify as research? Reading a couple of websites to get facts? Or are you trying to say that there have been scientific studies looking at the bodies physiological response to this diet?

Reset your hypothalamus? you have got to be kidding.

kurtis, Nov 20, 9:50am
the first 2 days of the hcg diet are what you call loading days where you eat as much food as you want. the hcg drops are applied 10 times underneath the tongue through the day,
this is a break down of the weight loss i forgot to weigh myself on the 2 loading days by the way
nov 7 102. 2 kgs
nov 10 100. 8
nov 11 99. 6
nov 12 98. 5
nov 13 97. 3
nov 14 96. 8
nov 15 96 . 3
nov 16 95. 9
nov 17 95. 7
nov 18 95. 2
nov 19 94. 7
nov 20 94. 3

http://www.davidwallace.com/2008/10/hcg-diet-calorie-counter
/
this is a great website here of people who are currently doing or have done the diet.

kurtis, Nov 20, 9:54am
Reset your hypothalamus? yes why...
im not speaking of hypothesis like others im on day 13 of 23 days of this diet, im losing fat not muscle. iam right now a bit hungry but not starving, and im looking to be around 90 kgs after 23 days. so whats everyones problem... ...

kurtis, Nov 20, 9:59am
i first heard of the hcg diet through kevin trudeas book The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About ...
dr Simeons found the cure for weightloss in 1959 and write the book pounds and inches. you can read it here
http://hcg-diet. biz/dr_simeons_inches_and_pounds

kurtis, Nov 20, 10:13am
i was actually shocked people here were surprised by how much weight ive lost, since this is my first diet i have ever done. and thought the amont i was losing was normal. i was actually a bit disappointed in how much ive lost cause ive read testimonials online of others who had lost more weight by day 13. but by reading more im losing about the average amount of weight of people who have done the diet for 2 weeks. im going for about 90kgs or 23 lbs in 23 days.

kurtis, Nov 20, 10:21am
also i have followed the protocol to perfection, some people cheat on the diet and wonder why there weight isnt coming off fast. i have followed the hcg diet to the absolute letter. 500 calories a day usually consists of a steak or fish for lunch and dinner and a salad with each, 2 lots of fruit a day, 2 litres of water day, and unlimited cups of green or chamomile tea a day. the meat of course needs to be weighed you are only allowed 100g of meat or fish per lunch and dinner. you have 3 fruits to choose from. apples grapefruit or strawberries. you are allowed to season your salad with lemon or organic apple cider vinegar, you can have 10 mls of milk in your coffee a day. you are also allowed one piece of Melba toast or Italian breadstick daily and mineral water. but so far i havent had any of these because i dont know where to buy them.

kurtis, Nov 20, 10:25am
on day 3 after the first 2 loading days i started to get a headache. luckily you are allowed an aspirin. but other then day 3 and partially into day 4 i have had no headaches on this diet and no intense hunger pains. if you do you just take a few more hcg drops under the tongue

bunny36, Nov 20, 11:10pm
Please tell me where you purchased this hcg diet from and how much did it cost you. Im very interested in trying it.

jag5, Nov 20, 11:35pm
A fool and their money. Another company or individual, making money out of peoples insecurities and miseries. When will we learn. And by the way, just what is hcg? ? ? And where does it come from? Another animal, and laboratory, where? The ONLY SAFE way to lose weight, actually doesn't cost a dime.

indigo1, Nov 21, 12:35am
Great call jag - taking advantage of peoples naivity and insecurities alright.

People make a big fuss about diet regarding weightloss and putting yourself through torture like this just for weight loss. All you need is lifestyle changes like reducing alcohol, alterations in food preparation, there are so many little things that all make a big difference.

Not to mention exercise. You do these low calorie diets and your body simply cant cope with moderate-to high intensity exercise asthe body needs carbohydrate to maintain high intensity exercise, but of course these stores are depleted in the body. And to increase aerobic fitness quickly you need the stimulus of moderate-high exercise.

Whys aerobic fitness important? Its all good losing weight, but there is so much evidence out there that links aerobic fitnes with risk of heart & metabolic diseases. I'm sure you have all heard its better to be overweight and aerobically fit, than thin and unfit. So whilst these people are losing all this weight (which is great), they arn't doing enough aerobic exercise to increase or maintain their aerobic fitness. 'Cause the more aerobically fit you are, the more efficient your body becomes. your heart doesn't have to work as hard, you become more efficient at oxidixing fat plus heaps more which all contribute to a decr risk of CVD and other metabolic diseases.

A measure of aerobic fitness is our bodies maximal ability to utilise oxygen, it is known as vo2max. A vo2max of less than 29. 5 ml. min. kg places one at seven times the risk of developing CVD or metabolic disease compared with greater than 35ml. min. kg. Putting it in perspective, at rest we are said to use 3. 5ml. min. kg.

Hope i havnt confused you now, basically im tryna say exercise is key, and a much mor eenjoyable and fun way of losing weight than putting yourself through this expensive, unhealthy cr*p

maxwell.inc, Nov 21, 1:05am
Human Placentas Jag, its the pregnancy hormone.

indigo1, Nov 21, 1:13am
Also what i find humerous is that they label it as "The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About" - If it was so great like kurtis makes out, everyone would be doing it and it would be recommended my more

kirinesha, Nov 21, 1:18am
PMSL... . so Kurtis is theoretically in the family way?

kirinesha, Nov 21, 1:30am
Oh dear, I took up Kurtis's challenge to read up on this diet before disparaging it and it's not pretty reading at all!

HCG Diet Marketed by Convicted Fraud Kevin Trudeau
http://tinyurl.com/mvl4f9

As this article points out - Kevin Trudeau's dodgey history aside, of course you are going to lose weight on just 500 cals a day, with or without the hcg!

dalbyj, Nov 21, 1:43am
http://health. howstuffworks.com/health-illness/wellness/phys
ical-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet1.htm

interesting to note that hcg is also gonadotrophic, meaning it promotes genital development. I don't know if I would want to be putting a hormone like that into my body ... just like I wouldn't take steroids to build muscle.
But each to their own of course! :P

uli, Nov 21, 2:09am
There is no reason to, because I have read up on it and it is a scam - while you obviously have no idea what you are doing (despite reading up on it) - otherwise you wouldn't subject your body to this regime.

maxwell.inc, Nov 21, 2:13am
well golly look at that kurtis

Educated People in your thread... screams for us to go educate our selves on this deluded diet plan, seems there was no need for the level of knowledge seems to surpass your own.

uli, Nov 21, 2:13am
WE don't have a problem kurtis - but YOU will have one on your hands once you stop this regime! All we try to do is make you aware of what you are doing to your body! But it seems you cannot comprehend what you are doing. So carry on and learn the hard way!

bedazzledjewels, Nov 21, 2:16am
Hmm! Guess you'll be coming off it around Christmas time?
Happy New Year Kurtis! Don't throw out your fat clothes.

kirinesha, Nov 21, 2:25am
I think the lesson to be learned here is that there are probably safer alternatives available to most of us, with proven long term results and strong support networks.

Fad diets are appealing because of the dramatic impact they have when you are desparate for change and feel as though you've tried everything else. Unfortunately some are quite extreme and it is well documented that extremely rapid weight loss is a precursor to weight gain plus usually another 10% on top!

Alternatives like Weight Watchers or Low Carb offer a well researched and systemised approach with strong support networks.

Kurtis, you are welcome any time to pop into the low carb thread and find out more about how we approach our chosen lifestyle, the great results we've generally had and how long the weight has stayed off.

kurtis, Nov 21, 9:29am
sure go to the sella site, last time i looked i saw some

kurtis, Nov 21, 9:31am
everyone is doing it, maybe not in this country, cause i dont think many know about it. but just do a search on google and youtube, its very popular

kurtis, Nov 21, 9:33am
trust you to find a disinformation site. are the thousands of peoples testimonys about the diet all liein too?
and if u were to do 500 caories a day for weeks without the hcg you would end up very sick

kurtis, Nov 21, 9:34am
there is no hormones in the homeopathic version