Help with tasty crockpot/slowcooker meals please?

Page 2 / 2
nauru, May 29, 3:49am
HiAmy... ... ... This is a lovely Crockpot recipe... . . put crockpot on high while assembling the ingredients.

4 pork chops, 1 lg onion sliced, 2 apples sliced, 1 cup apple juice or white wine or cider. Pinch each sage & thyme. Put chops into a frypan and brown then put into crockpot. Add onion & apples to frypan and brown, add herbs and then add juice or wine to deglaze pan. Put mixture on top of chops in crockpot. Cover & cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Serve with steamed veges or whatever is your choice.

camgirl, May 29, 4:08am
Hi Amy... . . My all time fav in my crockpot is a whloe chook! ! ! !
Stuff with chopped lemon an put on crockpot with no liquid! Put on low for the day! ! ! ! ! ! So easy, an yummy!

beaker59, May 29, 4:20am
One of the family favourites from my slow cooker is this pudding its so easy and great with a bit of Ice creamalso good cold the next day only takes a couple of minutes to make.

4 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup small pearl tapioca
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp Vanilla essence

DIRECTIONS
Stir together the milk, sugar, tapioca, and eggs in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours, or on Low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.

If you want to go a bit flash then separate the eggs and beat the whites to peaks then fold in just before serving stir the yolks into the milk at the beginning. .

raewyn64, May 29, 4:47am
Look out for the Cook in the Pot sachets in the supermarket - there are some for slow cookers but I just use the others the same way.
I do the chicken chasseur in the crockpot with drumsticks and they come out yum.
I also do one with a mix of two beef sachets - whatever ones I grab, chuck steak or steweing steak, potoates cubbed (not pealed) carrots sliced but not peeled, tin of tomatoes (omit if you don't like them) a tin of mixed beans, onion diced. I don't bother browning the meat first but you can if you want. Cube the meat into bite size, throw everything in the crockpot plus the 2 sachets and on low for 9 hours. When i get home I throw in some frozen peas and corn whcih only need to heat through and dinner is ready. Nothing else needed as it has meat, potato and veg all there. I sometime put a spoon of sour cream on my plate but hubby doesn't have any.

jtonkin, May 29, 7:26am
Not self promoting as I do not make any money from the booklets butthe crockpot recipe thread cookbook has been available to purchase on here for those who don't want to scroll through the threads. I have listed some more on here and can organise to get more copied if anyone wants one :)

yhappy, May 29, 8:28am
I find Robyn Martins cook book crockpots & slow cookers excellent also Allison Grofton has one out now

cottagerose, Jun 17, 9:46pm
Swede is nice in vegetable soups. My Mum introduced me to it and I always grate a swede in mine now.