Meatballs recipe - qucik, easy and tasty?

angel361, Aug 2, 8:12am
Anyone have a recipe for these that is tried and tested, i have the mince and chopped tomatoes as well as an onion, recipies greatly appreciated, thanks

sumstyle, Aug 2, 9:29am
I use pork mince that I have marinated with oyster sauce. I bulk it out with breadcrumbs, and onions I'd sweated off. Grill em, don't try to fry - I like them nice and crispy.

Then I have them with a home made tomato pasta sauce.

darlingmole, Aug 2, 9:30am
I have a recipe for beef mince, the zest of lemon, some finely (very finely to be precise) sliced onion, one beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs, fry. It's quite an refreshing taste

professor_plum, Aug 14, 5:30am
anyone got any other good easy reciepies? Looking for one I can plonk onto of spagehetti

toadfish, Aug 14, 5:33am
Fishers Glazed Meatballs

500g Pork Mince (I have used beef & Chicken), 1 onion, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 Tbs Soy Sauce, 1 Egg, 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs. Roll in flour, cook in oil.

Add following glaze once meatballs are cooked. Glaze: 2 Tbs Brown Sugar, 2 Tbs Soy Sauce, 1 Tbs Tomato Sauce, 1 Tbs water mix all ingredients together.

(I usually double or triple the glaze as we like more "gravy" on the rice eg 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Soy sauce, 1/8 Cup Tomato Sauce and 1/8 cup of water)

toadfish, Aug 14, 5:33am
or my new favourite courtesy of 245sam...

MEATBALLS IN RED SAUCE.
Sauce: 2 tbsp butter, 1 small onion (finely chopped), 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 thin slice lemon, 1 cup each of tomato sauce & water. Fry the onion in the butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients & bring the sauce to the boil.

Meat Balls: 1&1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup milk, 450g-500g mince, 225g-250g sausagemeat, 1 small onion (chopped), salt & pepper, 1 egg (lightly beaten). Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk until all the milk is absorbed. Blend the mince & sausagemeat. Add the onion, salt & pepper, then the egg & soaked breadcrumbs. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions & place them in a roasting dish. Pour the sauce carefully over & around the meatball portions. Bake, uncovered, at 180°C for 1 hour. Turn the balls after 1/2 hour & check the sauce level - sprinkle in a little water if necessary. These freeze well too.

rolznsp, Jan 24, 7:17am
Mince, Sausage meat, Worcester sauce, crushed garlic, onion and big can of watties tomato sauce - the sauce makes the dish! and kids loveeee over noodles.