Did someone have a yummy schniztel receipe idea

245sam, May 27, 10:08pm
tiddles7, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using 'schniTZel' (note the sp) as the Keyword and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option - you should find some yummy ideas and recipes from the earlier threads. :-))

poppy62, May 27, 10:30pm
Put some parmesan cheese and finely chopped chilli in with the breadcrumb mixture- it gives extra oomph! !

fisher, May 27, 10:46pm
Schnitzel Bread Crumbing Batter
Must be cooked in HOT oil
One egg in a bowl well beaten. . Add 100ml of milk and some plain flour and mix well to make a nice batter mix.
In flat dish, have your breadcrumbs spread out and dip the schnitzel in the batter and then into the breadcrumbs, covering and coating well. .
To make your own crumbs and try something a little different
Take some breadparmesan cheese, parsley, zest of half a lemonand some salt and pepper and whiz up in processor.
The parsley taints the bread with a greenish tingeThis method is ideal for double crumbing ( chill in between ) to obtain a crunchy thick crust...

fisher, May 27, 10:49pm
Schnitzel Cheese and Chutney
100gm sliced cheese, 4 beef schnitzels, 2 tbsp chutney, 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup milk with little salt and pepper, 1 cup breadcrumbs. .
Lay schnitzels on cutting board and lay cheese slices on one half of each. Spread the cheese with the chutney and fold over.
Dust the parcels in the flour, dip in the seasoned milk and then into the breadcrumbs . Redip in milk and then breadcrumbs. Refrigerate 15 mins. . or until ready to cook for dinner. .
Little oil in frypan and cook turning as required. .

fisher, May 27, 10:50pm
Gourmet Schnitzel
Preheat oven to 180 c
Lightly fry schnitzel and line the bottom of a roasting dish. . Sprinkle over grated cheese, chopped red / green capsicum and sliced mushrooms. .
Place a layer of sliced ham on top, then cover with grated cheese, capsicum etc againSprinkle with little still white wine.
Bake for 30 mins...

lilmizztrbl, May 27, 11:58pm
I have one...

2 cups Breadcrumbs
1/3c finely grated Parmesean
Lemon Zest from 1 lemon
1tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley

Coat on Chicken tenderloins/schnitzel dipped first in flour, then 1 egg/1 Tbsp milk mixed together and then the crumb mix

Pan fry on low heat until golden brown and cooked through.

If using Chicken Breast bake @ 180C for 20 mins the flip and bake for further 10 - 15mins

catsmeat1, May 28, 3:19am
Here's mine. Slice snitzel and put in a plastic bag with one sliced onion, two crushed garlic cloves and enough soy sauce to moisten. Marinate for an hour or two. Heat frypan with oil till VERY HOT, add meat, cook a few minutes till cooked, add one large tbsp peanut butter, cover and let peanut butter melt for a few mins, add one small tub sour cream, cover let heat through. Stir and eat and lick the pan...

turksta3, May 28, 4:21am
There was one going round for the crock pot to.
roll up cheese and bacon in bits of schnitzel and place in bottom of crock pot, mix a packet of beef stogonoff and pour over and leave to cook on low for 5-6h.
you can also add onions or mushrooms, a put pesto into my rolls also.

karenz, May 28, 5:19am
Pound the schnitzel so it is as thin as possible. Make a sauce with onions, garlic, tin of tomatoes and herbs (I use oregano and basil) and I also add chopped olives and capers. Grate some cheese (Edam is nice but Colby or Cheddar is OK too) and add a little parmesan as well.
Mix a little ofthis with some of the tomato sauce so it is like a paste.
If the schnitzels have gaps in them lay a slice or two of shaved ham on top of the schnitzels and put the tomato/cheese mix on about half, then fold over and tuck in so the mixture doesn't ooze out. Secure with bits of spaghetti rather than toothpicks.
Brown in olive oil then tip the rest of the tomato sauce over, along with a splash of wine, partly cover and cook until done.
Serve with pasta, I use fettuccini. The fresh pasta is nicest.
You can also chop the ham up and add it to the tomato and cheese mix if the schnitzels are not too "holey" and form into a fat cigar shape.

eastie3, May 28, 5:43am
A friend adds dry stuffing mix into the crumbs when coating her schnitzel.

jesse83, May 29, 5:00am
Piquant Veal.
4 thin slices Veal
Salt + Pepper
flour
2oz butter
6 spring onions
1 lemon sliced
2 tsps rosemary
1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
150 ml Vermouth
1 Tb chopped parsley
Coat veal with seasoned flour, shake off excess, fry the veal in the butter until golden, turning once.
Remove from pan and keep hot. Add a little more butter to pan if necessary and fry the chopped white part of the spring oninons until soft.
Replace the veal, add the lemon slices, rosemary, Tabasco and Vermouth.
Simmer 2 -3 minutes, sprinkle with the chopped green part of the onions and chopped parsley. Serve.

margyr, May 29, 5:06am
i use scissors and cut mine up into bite sized peices, crumb and cook, then serve on long spaghetti that has been tossed in butter and pepper, and put a sauce on the top. The sauce i make is onions, tomatoes, garlic, sugar, capsicum, mushrooms or anything that you have really. then put a little grated cheese on top of that.

kabbo, May 29, 5:13am
yum turksta3... . that sounds yum, have written that down and will try it.

lynja, Jun 19, 6:59am
buy crumbed schnitzel. spray a roasting dish, lay pieces in the bottom. top each piece with a layer of chopped italian flavoured tomatoes, aslice of shaved ham and a layer of grated cheese. bake about 20min in over. DELICIOUS