Help with Xmas gift idea please?

pamellie, Oct 21, 2:31am
For the last two years I have made the ladies at work a small gift for xmas. The first year I did truffles and biscotti and then last year a xmas cake. Now I have run out of ideas. Any suggestions please would be welcome. I have 6 workmates and want something small and impressive!

peaknuckle, Oct 21, 2:39am
I'm going to have a go making lolly or candy trees this year for gifts. Here is a link that might interest you. It shows how to make them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Di518YUB5s

cookessentials, Oct 21, 2:45am
We have a confectionery thread and also the Great Christmas thread and they both have great ideas. I often do the sugared almonds which are very moreish and can be put into a clip top jar and tied with a nice bow. Lavender shortbread is also nice or any other shortbread. Truffles to look like mini Christmas puddings are also sweet.

catzwhiskaz, Oct 21, 3:43am
What about moulded choccies you can even put lacquor(sp) in them now

calista, Oct 21, 7:57am
Lavender shortbread?Must go searching.

koreth, Oct 21, 8:00am
Hi there!What about cookies in a jar.You simply layer all the ingredients into a jar (looks really visual) tie the recipe to the top.From here they simply add the wet ingredients and bake.

alebix, Oct 21, 9:24am
Heaps you can easily make and even though it may souns really tacky, its homemade

Homamde hand wash soap
homemade laundry liquid
bath salts
bath bombs
homemade tomato sauce (easy recipe made with tomato soup)
body scrub
vanilla sugar
sand art brownies
citrus sugar
homemade vanilla essence

cookessentials, Oct 21, 9:29am
Yep, bath salts using epsom salts and a few drops of pure essential oil.

alebix, Oct 21, 9:57am
Here is a website, you might get some ideas off it like homemade coffee drinks like the jarrah stuff etc

http://www.momswhothink.com/christmas/homemade-christmas-gifts/3.html

kob, Oct 21, 5:08pm
what about chocolate dipping some plastic spoons and putting them inside a celophaned mug, great for those hot chocolates, and you can pick up the xmas mugs for 99cents at the warehouse, or the mellowpuffs with white chocolate the jaffa and spearmint leaves representing a xmas pudd and the holly and the ivy, they are always ohhed and ahhed at and simple as to mkae

lizab, Oct 21, 7:44pm
that's an interesting website alebix - thx for the link :)

timetable, Jun 20, 5:19pm
choc dipped shortbread, christmas cookies, christmas fruit mince pies, gingerbread men, choc dipped hokey pokey, choc dipped ginger...enjoy!!