The party/wedding/gathering recipe thread

Page 26 / 27
brianmac, Mar 20, 3:13am
Tandoori ChickenOn Naan (cold) 500g chicken breast fillets;80g Tandoori paste;200g yoghurt(plain unsw)2 tbsp coarsley chopped mint;1 tbsp lemon juice;4 pieces naan(500g)32 small fresh mint leaves. Combine chicken,past & 1/4 cup yoghurt in med bowl;toss to coat chicken all over. Cover,refrigerate 3 hrs or overnight. Cook chicken on heated,oiled grill plate or bbq grill until browned and cooked thoroughly through;stand 10 mins.Slice chicken & cut into small pieces. cont.

valentino, Mar 21, 7:04am
Bumping for donna23 Some ideas in here for you.

brianmac, Mar 24, 4:52am
bump. we need some more peoples unless you want to lose the thread!

valentino, Mar 25, 3:25am
Cheese Log. 60gcreamcheese,
1 tablespoon sour cream,
1/3 cup mayonnaise (Best or Highlander Mayo is best),
200 g grated tasty cheese,
60g salami, finely chopped,
2 gherkins finely chopped,
2 spring onions finely chopped,
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives,
2/3 cup chopped nuts,
vegetable sticks, lettuce leaves& crackers to serve,
fresh herbs to garnish.

Beat cream cheese, sour cream & mayonnaise in a small bowl until smooth.
Stir in cheese, salami, gherkins, spring onions& chives, mix well.
Shape mixture into a log / logs, roll in nuts.Wraplog/s in foil, refrigerate several hours or overnight until firm.
Serve Cheese Logs with vegetable sticks, lettuce leaves & crackers. Garnish with fresh herbs.

susieq9, Mar 25, 10:15pm
You could be. looking for this thread.

jenna68, Mar 26, 6:40am
dd. dd

valentino, Mar 26, 8:59pm
Sausage Roll Ultimate (teenagers loves this) 1 to 2 cups mixed veges (frozen), 1 onion chopped, 1 pkt flaky puff pastry, 500grams sausage meat, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsp curry powder and 1 egg.
Cook veges and onion in a little water, boil for 5 minutes and drain. Cool. Roll pastry to at least 38cm x 20cm and place on lightly floured baking tray. Mix all other ingredients and cooked veges together well. Spread on half of pastry and roll other half over like a giant sausage roll. Seal edges. One can whisk another egg and brush all over the pastry prior to cooking. Bake at 190c for 45 minutes or until browned. Serve hot or cold sliced.

Variation:- One can boil say about 4-6 eggs and place this in the sausage mix prior to rolling into the pastry. A very nice effect when slicing to serve hot or cold. Also one could add some chopped bacon pieces into the sausage mix for additional taste.

wise_one, Mar 27, 3:22am
what a neat thread almost wish i was having a party.

brianmac, Mar 28, 8:08am
bumping again! perhaps if someone added some ideas, I would not have to keep bumping this up when people ask for stuff.

oopsie, Mar 29, 12:11am
pavlova I'm catering for my wedding and want to make pavlova or meringues, how early can these be made! do they freeze!

morgana-rose, Mar 29, 3:16am
im having my wedding in november and would like to start making things that i can freeze so many months before hand any ideas would be great thank you

valentino, Mar 30, 10:49pm
To the above tow posts. I do not usually freeze things when catering for functions. Others do and would be best suited to answer your thoughts. Personally, i or we have always done most things fresh and kept fresh prior. Meringues will lsat sufficient time prior and Pavlovas usually a day or two prior. But when we did these functions, we were vitually 100% switched on and everything was prepared with full on time wise, but that was us. To tothers, some are known to do some freezing along with some dry storing or normal refrigeration as well. Hopefully others will answer to both your ways of thoughts soon. Cheers.

brianmac, Mar 31, 2:02am
.***********.**-
***. (: 0.**********%%%%%%%%#######-

jenna68, Mar 31, 6:55pm
xx. xx

kermitnz1, Apr 1, 6:44am
awwwwww come on guys ! brianmac has put a lot of time and great ideas into this thread, I for one really appreciate and would love to see others add their suitable recipes etc. I'm still keen on some more fancy finger food ideas for our wedding starters.

brianmac, Apr 1, 9:01am
Hey kermitz thanks for that. I shall post a few more for you tomorrow. Do you prefer cold or hot or a mixture!

kermitnz1, Apr 1, 10:56am
Hi brianmac A mixture of hot & cold would be great, thankyou. We are trying to get a few ideas together for fancy finger food starters that would be like mini entres, instead of having a sit down entre, any ideas would be fantastic!

brianmac, Apr 1, 9:06pm
yes columbia rose anything that can be served for large gatherings, whether it be finger food,punches,large dishes for say 10 or more people,sweet finger foods or sweet dishes to serve a crowd.

nunesy, Apr 1, 11:07pm
might be obvious but. any normal slice cut into very small squares and dusted with icing sugar or decorated with mint, sliced strawberries etc goes down well.I always do brownies like this and theydisappear fast.

pomegal, Apr 2, 3:53am
bacon pinwheels excellent for nibbles with drinks, those flaky pastry sheets, garlic salt and bacon, lay out all pastry sheets then cover top 3/4 with bacon, roll like a swiss roll and but into 1cm pieces, lay flat on covered baking tray and sprinkle with garlic salt, cook 200 for 10 mins then turn over, can be cooked ahead and re heated these are scrumptious (hiya brianmac)

valentino, Apr 4, 8:15am
Bumping for post 242. Sausage Roll ultimate.

jenna68, Apr 4, 7:56pm
up it goes . h

walker18, Apr 6, 4:56am
punch non Alcaholic and simple to make Please

valentino, Apr 6, 8:42pm
Bumping. for somebody looking for finger foods etc.

cookessentials, Apr 6, 11:57pm
thank you, here it is .