Vegetables - I need some inspiration ...

Page 3 / 3
sarahb5, May 12, 10:23pm
Sorry but I don't think that will work - they won't eat cauli - I suppose I could try it with something else though

margyr, May 12, 10:50pm
i layer potato, onion, cheese, carrot,pumpkin, kumera, more cheese, potato, onion, depends how many vege i have as to how many layers, grease casserole dish first, then put cheese on top and pour milk in till it is about 3.4's of the way up the vege, then bake in oven at 150 till cooked, let it stand for about 10 mins before serving, most if not all of the milk will have been absorbed by the vege. This is about the only way i can get a variety of vege into my husband, oh and of course vege soup.

sarahb5, May 13, 1:10am
We have an eat it or starve policy in our house though - its just that I've become rather "set in my ways" as far as veggies are concerned.The boys are 15 and 12 so I think they are well beyond the age where I should "pander" to their whims as to whether or not they will eat something.When they were younger (ie. pre-schoolers) they would eat any vegetable I put in front of them virtually - I think they, and I, have just got a bit lazy and gone for convenience especially since I don't have much time to cook when I get home from work.Anyway, off to the supermarket now and see if I can find some inspiration there - might start with some flavoured tomatoes chopped tomatoes and work from there.