Inspiration required.sausages for tea

sharp-as, Oct 11, 12:43am
Any sassy snag recipes out there!

245sam, Oct 11, 1:01am
sharp-as, what type of sausage recipe would you like!I have Alison Holst's "Sausage Book" which has recipes under these headings:
"Sausages in Soups; Finger Food Sausages; Picnic Pies; Cold Loaves; Salad Sausages; Pan-Quick Sausages; One-Pan Sausage Dinners; Baked Sausage Favourites; Sauces for Sausages; Forcemeats and Stuffings; Home-made Sausages; About Sausage Rolls".

Another suggestion - try doing a search here on the Recipes MB using sausages as the Keyword and Last year as the Date posted option.:-))

lindylambchops1, Oct 11, 1:35am
Last night we had Devilled Sausages from Alison Holst's Sausage Book.It is an awesome book & I have tried many of her recipes with success.

kiwitrish, Oct 11, 1:53am
Toad in the hole.

lythande1, Oct 11, 3:08am
Sausage Pie.
layer sausage (cook a bit first so you can slice them), onion, tomato, top with mash and grated cheese. Bake till mash is browned.

duckmoon, Oct 11, 3:18am
I make a sausage casserole

Cut sausages into three. Add tin of tomatoes, tin of drained chickpeas and tin of corn.

Cook until sausages cooked completely

asue, Oct 11, 3:21am
Sausages with gravy and mash, peas etc!

shop-a-holic, Oct 11, 3:22am
Some lovely person on here made a quiche using sausage meat as the base, not pastry.It was devine!

bounce16, Oct 11, 3:29am
Stuffed sausages - pre-cook and slice lengthways about 3/4 way through.Stuffed with mashed spud, tomatoes, (spring) onions, etc.Top with grated cheese and put back in the oven til hot.

dbab, Oct 11, 3:52am
Make up a Rice Risotto (Chinese flavour) and add sliced cooked sausages as well as extra veges like cabbage, carrot, capsicum, courgette.

kara101, Oct 23, 4:58am
Yum these are my favourites.

prestoni, Oct 23, 5:15am
Cook some pasta separately, then squeeze the sausages out of their cases into rough meatballs direct into the pan and cook until browned and cooked through. Then cook some onions, mushrooms and if you like naughty things like cream, you could put some of that in the sauce or use a tomato based pasta sauce. Drop the pasta back into the other cooked ingredients and season with salt a pepper and serve with some grate chest of some sort. Pretty yummy

punkinthefirst, Oct 23, 5:42am
Using sausage meat from the sausages.
500gm sausage meat
2-3 carrots, peeled and grated
2 apples cored, grated (leave the skin on)
2 onions, grated or finely chopped
Mix all togetther, add an egg if it looks a bit sloppy. Wrap in pastry or put into a greased and lined loaf tin.Bake at 150 degrees C for about 45 minutes. This is a great way to stretch a few sausages (there are about about 6 in 500gms) If you like, you can bury some peeled hard-boiled eggs in the mix before you wrap it in the pastry, for a bit of variety.
And don't forget an oldie, but a goodie.
Curried sausages
500 gms sausages
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 - 2 tsps curry powder
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 tsp jam or honey
handful sultanas if liked
flour to thicken
stock powder if needed
Separate the sausages, cover with water and cook gently. Drain, retaining the cooking liquid. In another saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in a little oil, add the curry powder and 1 tbsp flour. Cook for a minute, then gradually add enough of the cooking liquid from the sausages to make a thin sauce. Add the carrots and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste the sauce, correct the seasonings and add jam or honey, sultanas, peas, the sausages sliced into bite-sized pieces, and stock powder if needed. I sometimes add a spoonful of sweet chilli sauce and/or grated fresh ginger for a bit more "punch". Serve with cooked rice or mashed potatoes and more veges.

carlosjackal, Oct 23, 8:12am
Love Curried Sausages! My husband cooks dinner a couple of times a week and recently he bought a pkt of Maggi Curried Sausages to which he added Heller's pork sausages, sliced onion, sultanas and water. Couldn't be any easier! We had it on a bed of rice with some peas.DIVINE!