Sausage inspiration needed

tiddles7, May 22, 11:47pm
I have heaps of home kill beef sausages, suggestions for dinner meals pretty please.

karlymouse, May 22, 11:53pm
Simple favourite. you can either part cook the sausages per usual or squeeze them out into little meatballs. and set aside.
Then fry some onion until transluscent, add some chopped garlic and then add a tin of tomatoes, small them down if they are whole or in pieces, add dried marjoram and or fresh thyme. and add half a can (from the tomatoes) as water. cook down until nice and thick and jammy. pop back in the sausages or meatballs and finish cooking them together. salt and pepper to taste (I used ground salt and pepper) serve over either of your choice, pasta, rice or mashed potatoe. can add some olives if you like them also.

mak47, May 23, 12:21am
Squeese sausage meat out of skins, mix with chopped onion and grated apple. Shape into patties and then cook in a little oil in the oven with roast veges.

stefanie, May 23, 3:46am
Hi, we often do a 'fake' gravy (packet) with mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and some fried onion rings. Most sausages go with pea or lentil soup, or a pizza topping or in pasta.

geldof, May 23, 5:24am
simple sausage casserole using an oxtail soup as a base and add whatever else you wish. - nice and savoury.

Par cook and partially split length ways stuff with something nice and top with mashed spud and grated cheese.

val182, Sep 19, 1:40am
I make a casserole. Brown onions and an onion in a pan. Put them into a casserole dish with one sliced carrot a can of tomatoes and a cup of soup made up. You can leave the sausages whole or cut them up. Put the lid on and cook for 1 1/2 hours in moderate oven.