Interesting but easy recipe for using chicken roll

estspec, May 12, 8:33am
I have a 1kg roll of chicken (like luncheon meat comes as). I want to use it up in a recipe as I have a pot luck tea coming up and want to use it. Any one have any recipe that it might suit as I guess it will need to be cubed, or minced up.

jaybee2003, May 12, 12:16pm
Crumbs. Is this rolled processed 'chicken'? If so, I have never used it myself, but I assume it will be what Weight Watchers uses in their Green Thai Chicken Curry frozen meal - cubed bits of processed chicken meaty kind of stuff. Their curry sauce is nice!

If it is the same, I would be looking for something with a sauce, with plenty of flavour, and dicing the roll through. Coronation Chicken perhaps?

jaybee2003, Apr 24, 5:57pm
Coronation chicken: 2. 3kg chicken, 1 tbsp oil, 1 small finely chopped onion, 1 tbsp curry paste,
1 tbsp tomato puree, 100ml red wine, 1 bay leaf, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 4 finely chopped apricot halves. 300mlMayonnaise, 150ml cream whipped, Salt and pepper. Watercress [or rocket] to garnish.

Dice chicken and set aside.

In a small saucepan, heat the oil, add the onion and cook for about three minutes, until softened. Add the curry paste, tomato puree, wine, bay leaf and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until well reduced. Strain and leave to cool.

Puree the chopped apricot halves. Beat the cooled curry sauce into the mayonnaise with the apricot puree. Whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold into the mixture.

Season, adding a little extra lemon juice if necessary. Fold in the chicken pieces, garnish with watercress.