Salmon

fieldmouse2, May 8, 10:55pm
what Is The Best way TO cook Salmon

buzzy110, May 8, 11:03pm
Fillet, sides or whole?

fieldmouse2, May 8, 11:09pm
Hy Buzzy They Are Fillets

davidt4, May 8, 11:27pm
The main thing with salmon is that you must be careful not to overcook it. The flesh should still be slightly translucent at the centre, the equivalent to medium-rare. Salt the salmon on both sides, pan-fry, skin side down, in a little butter or olive oil over medium-high heat for about three minutes ( 5 minutes for very thick fillets), turn over and cook a further two or three minutes. Remove to a warm serving plate and rest a few minutes while you finish off the side dishes.

I like salmon cooked in a teriyaki marinade. For two servings mix 1 tab each of light soy sauce, mirin, sake and 1/2 tsp caster sugar. Marinate salmon for at least 30 minutes, up to 3 hours, fry in sesame oil as described above , when you turn the fish over pour in the marinade and let it bubble until it reduces to a sticky glaze.

buzzy110, May 9, 12:56am
As davidt4 says. But when I'm in a hurry I just slice them into wideish fingers all about the same size and density, dredge them in rice flour and quickly pan fry in ghee at a medium heat, turning each side to brown evenly

In fact I do this when I am short on time with all my pan fried fish fillets (not when the fish is steaked). They cook evenly and rapidly. Cook last after accompaniments and sauces.

fieldmouse2, May 9, 2:14am
Thank You David And Buzzy You Have Been A Great Help

mlarkin, May 9, 3:33am
I mix Soya sauce and brown sugar to a thick paste. Slit the salmon fillet crosswise at about 1 inch intervals and fill mixture with paste and lightly smear the top. Grill on a rack until slightly brown and the inner is pale. Quick and easy. Capricorngirl

nauru, May 9, 6:55am
It's nice brushed with pomegranate molasses and then grill or bake.

strathview, May 9, 10:50am
I wrap the fillets in baking paper like parcels. Dot the fillets with butter and season with salt and dill. Bake in oven until done. They are lovely and moist and melts in your mouth. I add capers to serve. Yum.

bisloy, Sep 24, 6:45pm
I just fry mine until done to my liking then drizzle over a little soy and sprinkle over finely chopped chives. Serve with a plain salad of lettuce, tomato, carrot and celery and fresh bread and raspberry vinegarette. The balance is lovely and all the flavours seem to come through beautifully.