Suggestions...

fisher, May 12, 3:39am
Got chicken wings drenched in olive oil with blitzed rosemary and white pepper sprinkled on... Into oven to slow cook...
Separate roasting dish, have orange kumura, agria spuds and whole baby carrots from the garden and some pumpkin pieces once again smothered in olive oil with blitzed peppercorns, rock salt and rosemary sprinkled over... Usually make a nice chicken and herb gravy or sage and onion but want something a little different...
First thought was a cauliflower puree. . what would you do to pour over the top. . ? ? ?

uli, May 12, 5:05am
I would add some water to whatever the chicken wings leave behind in the dish and pour that over the mash.

fisher, May 12, 6:14am
cheers Uli... I roast the chicken pieces on a rack as I dislike the fat that drips off the chicken... and all the other veges are roasted in a separate pan so no mash :}}
Just want something different than a gravy tis all...

245sam, May 12, 6:31am
fisher, recalling that some time ago Maggi had (and may still have but I haven't noticed for ages if they do or don't) an Orange and Rosemary Sauce/Gravy mix, I'm wondering about an orange sauce for with your chicky meal? :-))

fisher, May 12, 8:17am
Thanks sam... Was just something I wanted on spur of moment... You know when you go thru the motions doing a roasty dinner and feel you want something different for a sauce... got some light bisto with some REAL chicken stock. . and a tsp of marmite... hot water to melt marmite then stir bisto with stock and add... quite a nice tangy taste I spose specially over the peas. .

deus701, May 12, 8:29am
You mean a sauce for the chicken?

mango & almonds? honey & lemon? satay? coca cola sauce? maybe abit of gravy with a spoonful of apricot jam...

i have a sweet tooth. . so usually lean towards sweeter stuff.

jaybee2003, May 12, 12:38pm
Hi Fisher! Here's a nice sauce for chicken:
2 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp tomato sauce, 1 T worcester sauce, 1 tsp chicken stock powder, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 1/2C water. Mi all together and heat slowly until thickened, stirring as needed. Is a nice change with roast chicken.

fisher, Apr 25, 4:56pm
cheers JB... . :}