Fantastic coleslaw dressing

janeny1, Dec 17, 7:33am
tried a new dressing recipe today it was yummy

1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
half cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

The coleslaw was just standard cabbage, carrot ,celery and red onion but the dressing gave it a wow factor.

wheelz, Dec 17, 8:22am
Japanese roasted sesame dressing wows coleslaw for us! Infact, it's so good, it would wow plain ole lettuce leaves!

lilyfield, Dec 17, 8:34am
wheelz wrote:
Japanese roasted sesame dressing wows coleslaw for us! Infact, it's so good, it would wow plain ole lettuce leaves![/qu

Agree, —-the best

wheelz, Dec 17, 8:57am
But Op's one intrigues me. next coleslaw will give it a try.

lynja, Dec 17, 5:35pm
Thanks janeny1 sounds great.

quiz3, Dec 17, 7:39pm
The Japanese Roasted sesame dressing, supermarket ? if not where?
Thankyou.

bailey25, Dec 17, 9:27pm
The Japanese sesame dressing is just amazing, but oh so so so so fatty. I have to hold back on smothering my salads haha.

Quiz3 - its usually in the International aisle in the supermarket

karlymouse, Dec 17, 9:54pm
Pretty sure that Sour Cream dressing would be up there in the fat stakes also.

rainrain1, Dec 17, 10:53pm
Love to try a new dressing thanks #1

sarahb5, Dec 18, 1:12am
As would any other full fat creamy dressing including standard mayo . could use the "light" sour cream or even low fat natural/Greek yoghurt

bailey25, Dec 18, 1:18am
The sour cream dressing has nothing on the fat content of the sesame dressing. But hey, anything in moderation is okay, I am going to try the sour cream one tho it does sound delicious, maybe half sour cream and half yogurt. yummmm

sarahb5, Dec 18, 1:20am
For my curried chicken salad I use half mayo, half yoghurt and a generous dollop of curry paste

buzzy110, Dec 18, 2:45am
So? Pavlova is right up there in the over the top sugar stakes, which does way more harm than fat ever did, but I don't see any negative comments in pavlova threads about the amount of sugar in pavlova.

Why not object to the sugar in the dressing? It is much, much worse that the small amount of natural fat found in sour cream and if the sugar was left out then the amount of fat could be doubled or tripled even because it is not combined with sugar.

My personal favourite dressing for coleslaw is to first finely slice a combination of green and red cabbage, sprinkle with ½tspn salt and then using hands, crush handfuls of the cabbage till it produces its own liquid. Then add in the grated carrot and finely sliced fresh ginger, red capsicum and red onion and mix with generous splashes of apple cider vinegar. This is a to die for coleslaw with no sugar or fat at all and a fine, probiotic vinegar which is good for intestinal gut flora.

frances1266, Dec 18, 3:20am
Grated raw beetroot and carrot is really good in coleslaw.

bottynoodle, Dec 18, 3:26am
Can you tell me which supermarket has this dressing please?

karlymouse, Dec 18, 4:45am
Wow. settle down . My comment was in relation to the fat content in another dressing being mentioned, not a personal affront to you.

wheelz, Dec 18, 6:47am
Countdown
It's a small bottle, but a little goes a long way.
Tried the sour cream dressing in coleslaw tonight. it's alright, but sesame beats it hands down. might add sesame to the above next time to give it flavour and eke out the sesame

buzzy110, Dec 18, 10:42am
Never said it was but why pick on fat in here when there are recipes loaded with sugar that are more worthy of your condemnation?

bailey25, Dec 18, 6:12pm

My personal favourite dressing for coleslaw is to first finely slice a combination of green and red cabbage, sprinkle with ½tspn salt and then using hands, crush handfuls of the cabbage till it produces its own liquid. Then add in the grated carrot and finely sliced fresh ginger, red capsicum and red onion and mix with generous splashes of apple cider vinegar. This is a to die for coleslaw with no sugar or fat at all and a fine, probiotic vinegar which is good for intestinal gut flora.[/quote]

Finely sliced ginger sounds delicious, I am trying this in tonights coleslaw! Thanks for the tip!

bailey25, Dec 18, 7:36pm
YUUUUUMMMM!

buzzy110, Nov 18, 5:56pm
Finely sliced ginger sounds delicious, I am trying this in tonights coleslaw! Thanks for the tip![/quote] If you really want to add fat to it my DH just loves a combination of olive and sesame oil which he adds just before eating.