Does anyone have a nicedressing recipe for coleslaw please

davidt4, Aug 24, 4:32am
This is what I normally make for coleslaw:

Mayonnaise

3 egg yolks
300 ml extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 - 2 lemons
salt
freshly ground pepper (preferably white)

All ingredients need to be at room temperature.

Whisk the egg yolks (use a hand whisk, or an electric whisk or a small food processor) until well blended and starting to thicken.Very gradually trickle in the oil, keep whisking and when you have added about a third of the oil it should be starting to thicken.As it thickens you can increase the rate at which you add the oil.

When it gets very thick add the juice of one lemon, this will thin it down.Add salt and pepper, continue to add the oil until you have a very thick mayonnaise.

Taste and adjust with more seasoning or lemon juice if it needs it.If it tastes too eggy it needs more salt.

You can vary this basic mayo by adding Dijon mustard or fresh garlic, chopped herbs, chopped capers, gherkins or anchovies.

pickles7, Aug 24, 6:16am
Raw egg should not be consumed by Pregnant women, if this could be the case, in your house hold,a french dressing would be safer. Maybe the "condensed milk dressing" if a creamier dressing is preferred.

motorbo, Aug 24, 6:28am
last night i took my weight watchers honey mustard dressing and added plain greek yogurt and some lemon pepper and mixed it up, was nice as it was lightly creamy but not rich

rchelley, Aug 24, 6:50am
Recently I decided I was a little tired of the ordinary dressings since we are eating heaps of coleslaw due to it being the cheaper alternative to salad.I have been mixing best foods mayonaise with sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and garlic pepper seasoning.

rainrain1, Aug 24, 7:03am
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 Tblsp toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup cider vinegar
shake altogether

susieq9, Aug 24, 9:58am
Homemade mayonaise, about one cup, and add 1tblsp horseradish sauce. Thin down a little with either water or milk. Can use more or less of the above quantities, so adjust it to your taste.

ian53, Aug 24, 8:21pm
I use store bought mayonnaise, Heinz at the moment or Best. (they are actually quite good),and add the following ingredients.
Whisk together the following ingredients and add to salad, chill.
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/4 C sour cream
2t sugar
1 T white vinegar
1/2-1 t salt (taste)
1/2 black pepper

next-to-normal, Aug 24, 9:06pm
buttermilk is what kfc use for their coleslaw

firob, Aug 27, 4:33am
Thanks everyone I am about to experiment

pickles7, Aug 27, 4:52am
So its called, "buttermilk" now.

mindi1, Aug 28, 11:52am
Love balsamic over coleslaw.

limejelly, Aug 28, 9:32pm
Balsamic vinegar mixed with a good mayonaise is delicious for coleslaw

*drools*

monique70, Aug 29, 12:12am
I use a cup of a nice creamy mayo, about 6 tablespoons of white vinegar (or to taste) four tablespoons of milk to thin out a wee bit, 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little bit of salt and pepper. Just taste as you go to get the desired dressing.

garfeild101, Aug 29, 5:03am
yep even my salads i mix mayo and balsamic together or as above mayo and sweet chilli, or mayo with chives

nzkea1, Aug 29, 7:44am
Try Japanese Mayo with a squeeze of Wasabi yummo!

245sam, Aug 27, 9:26pm
Bumped for more ideas or simply to help those who need to dress their coleslaw.:-))