Rice pudding with cooked rice?

kiwiscrapper1, Oct 24, 11:48pm
Im sure I have seen on here to make a rice pudding
with cooked rice, is it the same as raw rice, would it obsorb the milk?

geldof, Oct 25, 12:50am
I do it all the time with leftover rice. The kids love it for breakfast.
I just add milk til it's sloppy and simmer or microwave it till the milk is absorbed, then add sugar and vanilla.
It doesn't go as creamy as normal.

245sam, Dec 11, 5:09pm
From the former Trade Me Cooks.

"Old fashioned rice pudding
4 eggs, beaten 3 c. milk 1/3 c. sugar 1/4 tsp. salt 2 tsp. vanilla extract 2 tsp. grated lemon rind 2 c. cooked rice 1/2 c. seedless raisins (more, if you wish) Combine all ingredients and pour into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Set dish in a pan of hot water. Bake in 300 degree oven for about 1 hour. After first 30 minutes, insert spoon at edge of pudding and stir from bottom. Continue baking until knife inserted near center of pudding comes out clean. Serve hot, warm or cold. Serves about 6 to 8.
posted by melford

Yummy and Quick Microwave Rice Pud
I had this last night and it was yummy as usual! The good thing with this is you make it all in the casserole dish that you serve it from. 2 cups cooked rice 2 eggs 1/2 cup sugar pinch of salt 1 1/4 cups milk 1/4 tsp vanilla 1/4 tsp cinnamon Scald the milk in the microwave for 3 minutes. In a casserole bowl mix eggs, sugar and pinch of salt. Add scalded milk while stirring add cooked rice. Mix. Add Vanilla and cinnamon. Mix. Cook uncovered on high in microwave for 3 minutes. Stir. Another 3 minutes. And it's done! Let stand for 5 minutes then eat!
posted by lottah

Here's a delicious and fast rice pudding
I created this a few nights ago - it was very popular. Zap one cup medium or short grain rice in 2 cups hot tap water, uncovered on high, for 12 minutes. Remove from the microwave and add one tin sweetened condensed milk and stir in. Add two eggs and stir through quickly - the heat will cook the eggs and thicken the mix a little. Enjoy with preserved/canned fruit or eat as is. Add a little vanilla, or some freshly squeezed lemon juice to make a change. Yum!
posted by juliewn" :-))