Vegetarian

blackhonker, Jan 8, 11:02am
Hello I had many years ago a really divine vegetarian flan which consisted of rice for the base and sides and a vege filling. It looked like a cheesecake. I am not vegetarian but that was delicious. I do not know if it was the lady's own invention or not not but I loved it. Any Ideas. Thanks blackhonker.

valentino, Jan 8, 7:21pm
Was the recipe from Trade Me of old.

Be nice if you could have a title of it or something very close.

Cheers

motorbo, Jan 9, 4:35am
from memory that was Graham Kerr that did that, cooked rice - add egg white to bind, grease flan, press in mixture - pre bake then add filling - i see he is still alive but couldnt find his recipe, but if you go to countdown website and search you will find a rice crusted quiche recipe
Ingredients

4 eggs
2-3 cups leftover, cooked rice
1 Tbsp oil
½ cup cheese
1-2 cups leftover vegetables
2 Tbsp chopped parsley or herbs of your choice
Salt
Pepper
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°c.

2. Crack one egg into a medium-sized bowl, beat it lightly and then stir in the rice and olive oil. Grease a shallow quiche dish and spread the rice over the bottom of the dish, pressing it down with the back of a spoon to make a smooth, firm base.

3. Sprinkle some of the grated cheese over the base. Put the rice crust into the oven for 10 minutes, to firm it up before you add the topping.

4. Beat the three remaining eggs and stir in the rest of the cheese, the chopped vegetables, herbs, salt and pepper.

5. Pour the mixture over the rice base and return the quiche to the oven for 30 minutes until golden and firm.

and copy and paste worked

blackhonker, Nov 6, 6:13pm
Thanks guys for your messages I am not sure what it was called and motorbo the recipe you mention sounds as if it could well be the one. I will try it and see thanks for that. blackhonker