Beef short ribs - any favs?

awoftam, May 15, 7:33pm
I brought these the other day, and have been looking for recipes online - some appeal, some don't, and I was wondering if any of you cooked these and had a recipe that you can recommend?

Looking for a rich and hearty type one, if that makes sense, as I plan to cook mid winter.

TIA

rainrain1, May 15, 8:55pm

buzzy110, May 15, 10:41pm
Just finishing up the last of a recipe by Gordon Ramsay which I got off You Tube. OMG it was divine and simple. I didn't put it in the oven though. I just cooked them in a heavy cast iron casserole on the stove top.

samanya, May 16, 1:48am
I've just watched that & it's got me craving for beef short ribs . it reminded me of Boeuf Bourgignon, yum.

buzzy110, May 16, 2:47am
It is also worth mentioning that beef short ribs have on their bones, the exact same meat as is used to make rolled rib roasts.

nala2, May 16, 5:12am
I like the look of that video but I am surprised at the 170-180 for 2.5 hours, seems high for so long? Anyone done similar?

fifie, May 16, 6:14am
I cook beef ribs in cup beef stock, covered with foil 160c about 3 hrs or longer if very meaty, pork ribs less time as there isnt as much meat on them usually. Then put them in a dish pour a sticky sauce over them i make and caramalise under the grill, yummy. Im going to add tom paste, and garlic next time, like the look of that video thanks for sharing buzzy.

awoftam, Sep 22, 3:13am
That looks amazing, thanks Buzzy! Got me sold.

Thank you.