Corned Beef/Silverside How do you

leonie103, May 9, 7:39am
cook in a crockpot??Any ideas??

ralfie2, May 9, 7:45am
Add about a cup or two of water, half a cup of brown vinegar, about a tsp of mustard or more into a crockpot with the silverside. Put on lid and set to Auto or Medium-High then leave for around 5 hours depending on kind of crockpot. Our crockpot is quite old so only takes 4-5 hours At the most you may need longer or shorter. then eat YUM!

glenleigh, May 9, 7:50am
Crockpot, cover with lemonade or ginger beer.Usually just a couple of small bottles.Delicious.I put it on low in the morning at 7.30, off to work, home at 6 and it is ready.

shellz213, May 9, 7:58am
I used to cook mine (I say used to 'cause no longer eat red meat!!) with a 1.5 litre bottle dry ginger ale, 1 tbsp ground ginger and 1 tbsp honey.Used to leave it on low on day and just let it do its thing!!

leonie103, May 9, 8:30am
cheers thanks, I will try one of your recipes tomorrow :-)

tarshlove, May 9, 9:06am
Yup ginger beer does the trick :) yummy as

karyn.darren, May 9, 10:24am
I also add golden syrup to mine, yummy

jase320, Jun 29, 11:53pm
just tried the ginger beer in crockpot for silverside last night and it was a huge hit! My hubby doesnt eat silverside nor does one of my daughters but all the family ate the whole lot! Just put it on at 11am on high with nothing but the ginger beer and it was awesome. Thanks for the idea.

darkraven1, Jun 30, 12:56am
Also add a few whole onions, and cook your carrots in the water....they taste so good. :-)

kinna54, Jun 30, 1:59am
Me too, definitely the golden syrup, although I don't use the ginger ale, just around 400 ml water, golden syrup (good 2 Tbsps),bayleaves x2dash of crushed garlic, and half a lemon (cuts the grease and the salt, also helps to retain the colour of the meat.) Turn the corned beef over during cooking if possible.

just_lookin1, Jun 30, 2:07am
can you still make mustard sauce using the 'liquid' the meat has been cooked in if its ginger ale or lemonade?

lovemolly, Jun 30, 7:53am
i only add 1 tablespoon of honey or golden syrup to the crockpot no water delicious

ferrit47, Jul 4, 12:09am
I putA Tablespoon Brown Sugar inVinegar & Pepper & Salt.Cook on high for first 2 hours then low for 6 hours & cover with water.