Mayday fellow cooks! Corned beef issue now!

bellabella3, Jul 26, 6:31am
Hi guys. Staying ina seaside bach. Put corned beef on a wee while ago, but the oven (electric) is seemingly on its last legs and will only boil like crazy, and not simmer...even on the lowest heat. Yikes. How do I cook this meat now?

patxyz, Jul 26, 6:32am
Google 'haybox cooker' and apply the theory with what you have at hand (blankets / sleeping bags etc)

sumstyle, Jul 26, 6:39am
Is it every stove top element that has this problem, or do you mean you have it in the oven?

bellabella3, Jul 26, 7:23am
no...have tried every element. Would never put corned beef in the oven..

sumstyle, Jul 26, 7:39am
Do you have a casserole dish that means you Could put it in the oven?Cos the temperature could be controlled better in there (assuming the whole unit isn't stuffed)

valentino, Jul 26, 7:55am
Roasted corned beef is actually quite nice, I do it often but after a good soak in fresh water, helps to lessen the salt content.

skunk5, Jul 26, 7:58am
Deerrrrr,,,go light a fire, cooked corn beef on the beach.

kuaka, Jul 26, 9:04am
Corned beef actually comes up lovely done in the oven.I quite often do it that way instead of the crockpot.I trim the fat off, wash it, pat it dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel, roll it in brown sugar, freshly ground black pepper and mustard powder and cook in an oven bag.It is moist, tasty and tender.Sometimes I add spices like mixed spice, or nutmeg or whatever I've got in the pantry.

juliewn, Jul 26, 5:17pm
Yes.. I sometimes cook it in the oven.. in a deep casserole dish so it's covered with water.. comes out beautifully tender.. and needs less watching than a pot on an element..

bellabella3, Jul 27, 6:31am
Hi guys. Staying ina seaside bach. Put corned beef on a wee while ago, but the oven (electric) is seemingly on its last legs and will only boil like crazy, and not simmer.even on the lowest heat. Yikes. How do I cook this meat now!

patxyz, Jul 27, 6:32am
Google 'haybox cooker' and apply the theory with what you have at hand (blankets / sleeping bags etc)

sumstyle, Jul 27, 6:39am
Is it every stove top element that has this problem, or do you mean you have it in the oven!

bellabella3, Jul 27, 7:23am
no.have tried every element. Would never put corned beef in the oven.

stitch50, Jul 27, 7:25am
Have you go ta microwave there ? if so do it in that
cant remember the times but will look it up if you need me too .

sumstyle, Jul 27, 7:39am
Do you have a casserole dish that means you Could put it in the oven!Cos the temperature could be controlled better in there (assuming the whole unit isn't stuffed)

kuaka, Jul 27, 9:04am
Corned beef actually comes up lovely done in the oven.I quite often do it that way instead of the crockpot.I trim the fat off, wash it, pat it dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel, roll it in brown sugar, freshly ground black pepper and mustard powder and cook in an oven bag.It is moist, tasty and tender.Sometimes I add spices like mixed spice, or nutmeg or whatever I've got in the pantry.

juliewn, Jul 27, 5:17pm
Yes. I sometimes cook it in the oven. in a deep casserole dish so it's covered with water. comes out beautifully tender. and needs less watching than a pot on an element.

stitch50, Jul 28, 7:25am
Have you go ta microwave there ! if so do it in that
cant remember the times but will look it up if you need me too .