Sago pudding

korbo, Sep 8, 9:54am
can you please tell me your tried and perfect way of cooking sago. made some last night, followed the instructions but not sure it turned out right. Do you keep in the fridge

coolcort, Sep 8, 10:36am
Hi soak it in some water say overnight then add milk and bake in oven proof dish untill top just shows some colour also stir a few times when cooking first. It softens and expands with the soaking also a bit of sugar to suit your taste, a while since i have had it but thats about it. The larger one Tapioca is also good i prefer it to sago- not sure if spelling is correct !

petal1955, Sep 9, 4:44am
Lemon Sago Pudding

1/2 cup sago
2. 1/4 cups water
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
3 tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp sugar
Place sago in water in saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer until sago is transparent, stirring often (Watch it doesnt catch)

Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a dish or individual serving dishes, cool and then chill and set. Serve with cream or custard.

les6, Sep 11, 7:41am
sago= fish eggs
tapioca= frogs eggs

dibble35, Sep 12, 7:14am
Caramel sago - Microwave
Rub a little butter around rim of a microwave proof dish (to help stop it boiling over)
add 2 C milk and 1/4 C sago. Stir, Microwave for 12-15 mins stirring every 2-3 mins, till sago is clear. Then quickly stir in 1 egg, 1 tspn vanilla, 1/4 C brown sugar. Heat will cook the egg and melt the brown sugar. Watch this as you are cooking it as it will boil over towards the end of the cooking time.
This is really lovely. as a quick fix for a sweet treat

korbo, Sep 12, 9:29pm
. must be good for ya

fifie, Dec 26, 10:47pm
Simmer 2 cups milk and 1/4 cup sago till clear, stirr occasionally. Seperate egg, beat white set aside, take it off heat add 1/4 cup sugar yolk beaten with vanilla, then gently fold in egg white for a nice fluffy creamy Pudding.Lid on pot heat will dissolve sugar and cook egg, Serve at room temperature with fruit and cream,