Edmonds Steamed Dominium Pudding

glynsmum, Jul 5, 9:55am
x1
Sent my husband to Countdown to buy this but was told to look in my Edmonds cookbook as they did'nt sell them Help Please!?

carl-van-essen, Jul 5, 10:15am

auburn4, Jul 5, 10:20am
x1
For a treat replace the golden syrup with condensed milk, becomes beautiful caramel.

kinna54, Jul 5, 10:29am
From the Edmonds book 1976 version:
Dominion pudding:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
50gms butter
raisins or jam 125gms sugar
1egg
1/2 cup milk
cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat well.
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk. Place some raisins or jam in the bottom of a greased basin, pour batter over and steam 1 1/4 hours.

juliewn, Jul 5, 12:44pm
It's a great pudding.. very popular here, one of our favourites.. can be altered to make a variety of different tastes:

Use dates mixed through the batter

Add a handful of coconut to the mix and use plum jam in the base

Add 1 tab cocoa or coffee.. use brown sugar instead of the white

Add with the dry ingredients your choice of ground ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon.. use brown sugar instead of white..

For a quickly made pudding.. place your choice of jam, fruit, etc.. in the bottom of a microwave proof bowl, and pour the mix in. Level top.

Elevate on a plate in your microwave, cover the bowl with a paper towel or a plate, and zap at medium heat about 7-9 minutes, till the centre is cooked when you touch your fingertip on the centre - the top will look just slightly damp and the pudding will be cooked underneath.

Enjoy :-)

glynsmum, Jul 6, 4:57am
Thankyou all so much I'm wantibg to try the condensed milk version.it sounds yummy.